Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open web links in default browser rather than IE for desktop Office

The web browser under the hood for the Desktop version of Office client is IE. Then when we are opening a popup window with an <a href="http://whatever.com&quot; target="_blank"> then the window is IE. We would to redirect the end-user to our web app or website in their default browser as you would when you click a link in an html email within Outlook Desktop.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide an option to make Outlook add-ins command work independent of Items (Messages, Appoitment)

I'm working with the Outlook add-in command and see that the command group only active if an item (Message or Appointment) is selected.

For our product, we'd like to create a command button that's always active regardless of an item is selected or not. That button will trigger the web browser when clicked.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change header to add-in name or provide custom header in outlook web access in mobile view

Change header to add-in name or provide custom header in outlook web access in mobile view. by default it has 'Outlook add-in'

Ex:- (http://i.stack.imgur.com/eJtvS.png )

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatically activate Office Add-ins based on a regex pattern in the email or meeting body

It should be possible to automatically activate Office Add-ins based on a regex pattern in the email or meeting body. This way the user doesn't always have to click the Add in button to open the sidepanel.
    Alternatively it should be possible for a user to "Pin" an add-in so that it is always opened.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Office Compose Add-In to Open Automatically

I need a way to automatically open a compose add-in. Opening add-ins then selecting which add-in is too much work for some end-users. Possibly having the ability for end-user to select which add-in automatically opens on new emails could work too.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow app to run in background without user interaction

I would like to run my outlook add-in automatically at background when user reads email. I want to collect statistical data from user emails and I want to do it automatically, without need of manual run.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Potential bug]Office.context.mailbox.item.body.getAsync

This function below doesn't work, when pass the coercionType.

Office.context.mailbox.item.body.getAsync(coercionType [, options], callback)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/mt269089.aspx

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Handling Save event in Calendar App

We are working on a calendar application, the requirement is that we would like do certain operations in our app when user press save button on an appointment. Currently there is no such API available for hooking into SAVE event. It would be really helpful if we have that option available.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix the broken link for Outlook add-ins with Skype for Business installed

This is a problem in Outlook 2013. The summary is that the "Tell me more" link directs the user to a Skype for Business specific help page for ALL Outlook add-ins when the Skype Meeting Add-In is installed. I posted full details here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/67c50a69-2f92-43ba-8c66-160a087aa7b7

This problem can be demonstrated with the simplest of Outlook add-ins. An example project that reproduces the problem can be found here:

https://github.com/danAtAllworx/simpleOutlookAddIn

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide rules to automatically run task pane and mail apps

Add rules to manifest to support application run automatically, e.g. task pane should automatically appear after user clicks New Items -> Appointment in Outlook. I realize that this might be inappropriate for apps in store, but it will be very helpful for corporate apps. We can save time to access corporate app for end user.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Token’s permissions returned by Mailbox.getCallbackTokenAsync method

The Mailbox.getCallbackTokenAsync method should return a token having the same permissions as specified by the mail app. For example the returned token should allow to read/write an item if the mail app has specified the ReadWriteItem or ReadWriteMailbox permission in its manifest. Currently the returned token allows its bearer (i.e. a web app receiving the token) only to read an item, not to write an item.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add ability to access to mail message headers

In Outlook Mail app there is no ability to access to the message headers through JSOM.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix bug in Outlook Folder.AddToPFFavorites Method (bug in 64bit; ok in 32bit)

AddToPFFovorites command as documented below in MSDN seems to have bug in 64bit Outlook (where there is run-time error when trying to use it) but seems ok in 32bit Outlook.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff869286%28v=office.15%29.aspx

Please fix the bug.

See also:
    http://tree-lined3.rssing.com/browser.php?indx=3466418&item=149
    and
    http://www.edugeek.net/forums/office-software/113325-outlook-2013-automate-add-favourites.html

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like to have a Task Pane or area like in Mail that activates within the View Contact view or Edit Contact view.

In the past I've enhanced the users experience in contacts using a custom form/form region and would like to expand that to the contacts in Office 365.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow mail apps to be OWA only

The new Mail Apps make adding functionality to OWA very easy, however they lack some of the power of a full-on Outlook addin. I suspect that a common use case will be to create a full-powered addin, and a "lite" mail app that handles what it can for OWA. At present, this doesn't work because the mail app shows up in both. Furthermore, it is possible to create functionality that only applies to one client or the other. It should be possible to specify an app as belonging to OWA or to Outlook.

See also http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/13c3413d-7f3f-4e7c-9b6d-c20e95b064e3/how-to-enable-mailapp-only-for-owaoutlookwebapp-not-for-outlook-client?forum=appsforoffice

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Outlook add-in commands should be enabled when reading pane is off in Outlook desktop

Currently, availability of body content is needed in order to enable the add-in. As I think this would be ok for contextual add-in, but for add-in commands this isn't necessary.

So basically we need recipient information when executing add-in commands and if needed we can use REST API or EWS in order to fetch the body content later on.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow a email sender to check a box which would not allow for a reply all on sent emails.

When typing an email to multiple people, it would be great to have a box that can be checked to not allow "reply all" from a email sent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Conservation of IT Documents (Electronic bill) compliant italian legislation

Italian laws indicate specifics procedures to store electronics bills and documents for all enterprises and small business, so I think it is very usefull to have this functionality on O365.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Confirmation " Are you sure you want to Reply All?" Pop Up

When emailing with Outlook, I believe it would be beneficial if when you hit 'Reply All' and Send, a pop up notification/warning should come up confirming you want to "Reply All".
    Same principle confirming if your sure you want to delete a file or send an email without a subject line

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base