Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assign a Category to Outlook item having only item token

If Add-In has a right to modify current Outlook item, it not allowed to set Outlook category to it. Please add a permission to item token to assign a Category to Outlook item OR add additional methods to Office.context.mailbox to get the list of categories and additional method of Office.context.mailbox.item which sets specific category.

Currently there is no ability to modify Outlook item via assi

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow EWS managed API to login with credentials from an Office Addin

Please allow full access to EWS Managed API within an Office Addin. We should not have to log in but once to use any technologies to access data on Exchange.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow add-in to block clicking certain links in the message

For some security-related add-ins, it is critical for the add-in to be able to detect when a user has clicked on a link in the body of a message. The add-in could then examine the URL to decide whether to let the action proceed or if it seems dangerous, the add-in could block the click and show an error message.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. GET Imported images Outlook add-ins

Its possible to GET or extract and imported image from the Outlook Body through Outlook add-ins ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The search function for subfolders is required

Hi , I am using Oulook 2013 and have 100+ subfolders, each with different names.
    Now, when i want to locate a particular subfolder, I need to scroll through each one of them to find the subfolder i want.
    So, if there was a search function, I could easily locate my subfolder & this would make my life easier, instead of scrolling throught all the subfolders to find the right one i need.
    Please help and advise.!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Need API support to add to and cc people in displayReplyAllForm

The to and cc properties are not currently supported by displayReplyForm or displayReplyAllForm methods at this time. provide API support to help us add additional people

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Token from getCallbackTokenAsync() is broken for single Appointment Occurrence

The GetItem request fails with error "Data is corrupt., Store ID isn't an ID of a folder, item or mailbox.", if you use the token resulting from getCallbackTokenAsync() to request the appointment occurence.

The same request works if you use the makeEwsRequestAsync() method, but this is unacceptable, as it is far more cumbersome to work with the response. I want to use the EWS manage API on an ASP.NET MVC server.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync always generates meeting requests for calendar items

When using a Mail Add-in in OWA it is possible to save a calendar item using the Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync method in the Office JavaScript API. If the calendar item contains attendees then all of these attendees receive meeting requests each time the Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync method is called.

To get the ItemId for a calendar item you have to call Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync method. So if you want to access the calendar item through EWS there is no option but to call Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync to save the item. And this call will generate meeting requests to the attendees.

Would it be possible to add an extra…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How Attachments names are displayed in the Mail Composer Window, Why Did It Have To Change?

Hey, There's been a change in the latest Outlook for Mac and the Attachment appears in name truncated box in the Window vice how it used to be displayed with it's entire name. This makes it difficult to see names of long named files in the Window, a real inconvenience for me. I really hope you can make this as an option and remove the new hard coded display method.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. activation rule based on custom property

Now it is not possible to have an OL Add-In Activation rule point to a custom property of the mail item. It would be great if we can define a rule based on a custom property of an item. This is useful in enterprise scenarios where mails are forwarded to externals systems. Setting a custom property on the mail which was forwarded to the backend system will allow to connect the backend system with OL Addin

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Connect the 'Limit availability to specific users' to a dynamic distribution group

Currently the only option to limit the availability for an Outlook Add-in I found is this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj943757(v=exchg.150).aspx
    But this PS takes actually a copy of the users in the distribution list. When people leave or enter a company and get included in the distribution list then they don't get the Add-In and the script must be executed again.

Please extend this or provide another easier (no lets run a script every day) way to limit the availability to specific users.

Thanks,

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Websites on Outlook.com Contacts REST API are inconsistent/bugged

The REST API for Outlook.com contacts features a business website field, yet the web GUI for contacts only has a personal website field.

I cannot find information on the latter in the API specification, and therefore cannot set it through the API, yet the company website can be set, but does not show up or is available on the web GUI.

Please fix up both endpoints (API and web GUI) to support both fields, or decide on one of the two and stick with it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. make the adresses copyable

I sent an e-mail to many people using hidden copy option. When I want to send the same people an e-mail again, using hidden copy again. There is no intelligent way to do it. I simply cannot copy the e-mail adresses and paste them into the right box, because you cannot choose more than one adress at a time.
    It is beyond my comprehension why I just cannot copy a bunch of e-mail adresses. It is just a text. SO STUPID!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add move function on Office.context.mailbox. item

My customer want to develop a outlook add-in can move the mailbox item from one place to another to function as the archiving feature.

Currently the Office.context.mailbox. item do not have this function available.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Using REST var response on outlook e-mail body

Would be interesting to have for instance:

Writing the given e-mail below:

Hi {personName},

We have {countResponseTakedFromApiResponse} today.

Regards
    Mr Something...

The main idea is using the REST response vars on body E-mail, which in some cases would be very interesting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix bug with Outlook OWA Command Button showing button label as the app title first use in a session

It seems there is a bug with the Outlook add-in commands when using the add-in from Outlook Web Access.

When using the add-in command (ribbon button) to open a task pane to show your add-in the label of the command button is shown at the top of the add-in where the add-in title should be. If you close the add-in and use the command button subsequent times in a session, then the add-ins title is correctly displayed.

Full steps to reproduce the issue can be found on my blog:

https://camerondwyer.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/bug-in-outlook-add-in-commands-showing-command-label-instead-of-the-add-in-title-on-first-use-in-a-session

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring back visual studio outlook Add-in wizard that was in Apps for Office

The templates in Visual Studio were opening a wizard when creating Add-ins for Outlook using the Apps for Office templates. With this wizard, we were able to choose the type of Add-in with the Read and Compose scaffolding in place. Now, no wizard and we need to build from scratch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for Add-Ins for Junk Folder

Please consider enabling Add-Ins for items in the Junk Folder. There are a lot of very valid use cases for this (like custom processing of junk or support for removing items from junk filter)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base