Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix GeneralExceptions being thrown when multiple workbook are opened

Sometimes when more than one workbook is opened, then a:
    GeneralException: There was an internal error while processing the request
    is thrown during various office-js operations.

See https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues/771 for details.

I know there's a workaround:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/excel/force-excel-to-open-new-instance
    but it's impossible to force clients to use it.

141 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Custom Functions on iPad

My add-in's core value proposition lies in custom functions and we'd like to support as many platforms as possible.

Would be great to see custom functions capabilities coming to iPad alongside Web / Mac / Windows!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for Document.getFileAsync method in Volume licensed versions of Office Excel

I am attempting to use the Document.getFileAsync method in Office Excel 2016 on Windows. Executing the method fails with an "Permission Denied" error.

Error code: 7000
    Error name: "Permission Denied"
    Error message: "You don't have sufficient permissions for this action."

This functionality is critical to our Add-in and we have many customers that use this 2016 volume licensed version of Office. They are not able to upgrade since the version is locked down at 16.0.4266.1001.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reverse VLookUp/ WLookUp

The LookUp formulas are very powerful tools for any kind of application. Often you are not only searching for the first corresponding value in an Excel sheet, but also for the last corresponding value in an Excel sheet. So reverse references would be very useful.
    The Reverse VLookUp should therefore search from bottom to top in the matrix.
    The Reverse WLookUp should therefore search from right to left in the matrix.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix an issue on excel custom-function about data formatting on date/time

User can't customise date format of the data that has been rendered by custom-function - dynamic array formula.

for more info: https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues/1068

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make working with invalid bindings easier

Working with invalid bindings is slow and awkward. Please make working with them easier by:

1. Actioning this feature request: https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues/804 (see also this Stack Overflow question: https://stackoverflow.com/q/45586251/185544 ).

2. Making delete work on an invalid binding.

Right now there are awkward, undocumented workarounds like the one in this Stack Overflow answer:https://stackoverflow.com/a/61803555/157247, but they're...awkward and undocumented. :-)

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PLEASE!!! Remove the "Convert to Stocks" tag that pops onto the screen obscuring other data on the sheet.

While the new stocks data type is fine, those of us NOT wanting Stocks are faced with a new persistent pop up tag suggesting we "convert" anything that kind of looks like a ticker symbol. This tag maddeningly blocks adjoining values that we NEED TO SEE while working.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow discontiguous ranges for charts

e.g. I have a range A1:E7, Series of data are in columns, I want to plot A1:A7 as x against C1:C7, and E1:E7
    Right now I have to copy data to another sheet so that the range is contiguous (new range = A1:C7) every time I want to draw a chart from the original data.
    With large tables this seems a waste of time especially when I can just manually select multiple separate ranges in excel for an xy plot.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Method for getting the color of chart point in Excel.ChartFill class

In Excel.ChartFill class we have a method to set the color of the chart point namely setSolidColor(color). Similarly can we have a method to retrieve or get the color of the chart point.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How to insert picture/shape in EMF and WMF format using Excel API of OfficeJS

We have some images in format like EMF and WMF. How to insert such pictures/shapes in Excel worksheet. As addImage only takes base64 string.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How to get address (Range object) of topLeftCell of selected shape in Excel, using Office JS APIs ?

When we select any shape then we have a property topLeftCell of a shape in Excel VBA which returns a Range object and we can get address of that particular range object. How can we get similar one using OfficeJS APIs for Excel.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add ability to resize a table via the JavaScript API

Feature request: add a way to resize a table through the JavaScript API equivalent to what can be done by a user by dragging the table’s “sizing handle” (or in VBA through “ListObject.resize”); that is, resize the table without inserting (or removing) cells in the worksheet.

Original question on Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/q/62300801

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Offset row, column for dynamic array returned from custom functions

Currently, the dynamic array returned from a custom function can be displayed only on calling cell and can be spilled towards right/bottom.

Provide a option to display the dynamic array by offsetting the starting cell similar to excel getOffsetRange(rowOffset: number, columnOffset: number)

For example : custom formula insert in B5 cell, and i need to display the below array starting from A5 instead of starting it from B5 cell.

Dynamic array =["Apple","Orange","Banana"]

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would really appreciate using high resolution pictures in header and footer

... not to lower picture quality causing blurring header & footer

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide way in VBA to know who, if anyone, is currently coauthoring a OneDrive/Office365 document

There are certain functions and events (only tested in Excel .xlsm desktop) that don't work when a document is in coauthor mode using OneDrive/Office365 syncing. If only one person is in the file, the macros work fine. If more than one are in it and co-authoring it would be good to know so certain macros can be prevented from running that otherwise cause the "Reload document" message on the computer that didn't run the macro.
    Some of the VBA that doesn't work during coauthoring include all .FormatConditions code (even though you can manually add conditional formatting, doing it by VBA…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 各 位 大 大 好 我 是 小 柒 加1ine:1j11

各 位 大 大 好 我 是 小 柒 加1ine:1j11
    我 是 介 紹 美 眉 的 喔 當 你 們 看 到 這 則 信 息 的 時 候

就 表 示 你 們 有 福 了 因 為 小 柒 會 幫 你 挑 選 最 優 質 最 適 合 你 的 美 眉 滿 足 你 的 性福 無 論 是 寂 寞 空 虛 的 夜 想 找 人 陪 還 是 工 作 累 了 倦 了 想 得 到 放 鬆 舒 壓

還 是 夫 妻 性 福 生 活 並 不…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "Find previous" button next to "Find next" in "Find and replace" (ctrl-f) in Excel

In table with lots of rows I often need to find entry which I entered previously - for example I want to find last use of THIS word and if I use "find next" option it will lead me to the first use instead of last. And if I use "Find all" while I'm editing mid part of the table it will give me long list where I need to find the right context and that takes time. Sometimes, I just know that the right context of THIS word is used last time and I would like to jump there…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include workbook id inside Excel.context

The context already have information such as the author of the document and the title, but it don't have the workbook id,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Implement arrow style for a data series in a chart

In Office Excel, you have an option to implement an arrow style in your line chart for a data series.

However, it seems like the office.js library is unable to implement this option.

Excel.Line has the option I'm looking for (beginArrowheadLength, beginArrowheadStyle, etc, ), but it was strictly for shapes, completely separate from series charts, and has no way to somehow implement a custom shape to the data series.

Adding this feature would help me greatly to create a chart directly to excel instead of building a custom chart inside the page.

More information on my stackoverflow question:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59971581/microsoft-office-js-excel-add-in-how-to-implement-arrow-style-for-a-data-serie

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Optimización Función Buscar

En mis hojas de calculo no uso la función Buscarv() o Burscarh() por su lentitud en ejecución y por su limitación de no poder devolver valores que se encuentran a la izquierda del vector de búsqueda. En cambio utilizo la siguiente función que mejora ambas características.

Public Function BUSCAROPT(ValorBuscado As Variant, VectorBusqueda As Variant, VectorDevolucion As Variant) As Variant

Dim Calculo1 As Double
    Dim Calculo2 As Variant

Calculo1 = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(ValorBuscado, VectorBusqueda, 0)

Calculo2 = Application.WorksheetFunction.Index(VectorDevolucion, Calculo1)

BUSCAROPT = Calculo2

End Function

Les sugiero agregar esta forma de calculo al paquete de funciones para mejorar rendimiento de libros de cálculo.

Saludos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base