Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for save as PDF from the Office.js for Word

We need a way to convert and save Word-files to PDF directly from the add-in.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it.

For this scenario, we recommend that you use the getFileAsync method to get the current file as PDF. Once you have the PDF file, you can upload it anywhere you need to.

We’re closing this suggestion as declined. If you’ve any further questions, do not hesitate to ping us.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

2. Possible bug BindingDataChanged event

The problem is that handler for BindingDataChanged never triggers, after I've made some "double clicks" in the middle of the document. I provided the code and a video of how to reproduce bug in the link below.

Link: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/52f39a88-4ecd-43c9-b506-3ee5465cdd14/possible-bug-with-bindingdatachanged-event?forum=appsforoffice&prof=required

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problem with TableBinding

I have a situation where I need to remove all rows (except header) from table, using deleteAllDataValuesAsync function, and then I need to create new rows using addRowsAsync function. In Excel everything works perfectly fine. But when it comes to Word, in case where table has only one column, only header remains bound, where rest of the rows doesn't. In case where table has multiple columns again everything works perfectly fine.

More details, like code and video how to reproduce the problem, you can find on the link below:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/013f1b4f-f62e-475c-8a18-0778b572431b/problem-with-tablebinding?forum=appsforoffice

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give the Same ooxml Output when using getDataSync and getSelectedDataAsync for the Text Bindings

When I Need to format the Text Bindings contro(like color,lock control ,lock edit)l,when I use the getDataSync with cohersion type "OOXM" method the xml given by this method is different from getSelectedDataAsync ..the disadvantage of the getSelectedDataAsync I have to maualy select the binds and then it gives the XML,atleast have an option to pass the Id and return the XML for the corresponding binding control for the document...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base