Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable single sign-on (SSO) for Office Add-ins

The Single Sign-on API is currently supported in office.js preview.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    In Preview  ·  0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for high DPI taskpanes

Office now supports high-DPI and per-monitor DPI awareness, but custom task-panes do not. Add-in custom task panes are always hosted in a system aware host window and there is no way to indicate our add-in is high-DPI and multi-monitor DPI aware. Our customers therefore only see a low resolution user interface in the task panes. The Excel built-in task panes support high-DPI so this shouldn't be too difficult, maybe a registry setting indicating the add-in supports high-DPI or even an extra parameter to ICTPFactory.CreateCTP indicating support.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Default target framework of Office Addins template should be ASP.NET Core

Currently, the default solution of an Office Addins generates two projects that targets .NET Framework 4.6.x. Microsoft should change it to ASP.NET Core. There is a way to adapt the manifest file as seem in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53991876/change-target-framework-of-a-office-addins-project-from-net-framework-to-net-c/53993432 , but It would be great if the keyword ~remoteAppUrl could refer to another address.
    I see this might be a problem as .NET Core is optional when installing VS and might escalate to a broader discusstion.
    Also, as asyncronous JavaScript code freaks out migrating VBA (and even web) developers, shouldn't the default template be already in TypeScript (or at least be in the…

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pop up message suggesting that the battery is fully charged

While charging the laptop, I never get to know when my laptop is fully charged without looking at the battery bar so I think there should be a pop up message suggesting that the battery is fully charged

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Error Messages - Ability to Copy/Paste them

Applying to all of windows but especially Office, when a run time or other error occurs we have to laboriously type out the error message into a search engine to provide more details. Sometimes the error codes are 15 digits long. It would be great just to be able copy and paste the error information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. sharepoint online - provide a way to navigate directly back to the library document location you entered library settings.

SharePoint online, you are somewhere within a library, you click library settings and choose permissions. From here it is not always possible to navigate back to your embedded library location. You can only click library name (and start at the top). You can try clicking back arrows but if you have open a new web browser window no history is available. Some sort of navigation link is required. SP2010 use to have the yellow folder in the banner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Copy and paste

I want to suggest to you to make the option for a copy-paste function. Usually, we are getting one thing to copy, what if we are could make Many!!!!? For example, in Microsoft Word, I can copy one word or sentences but I want to copy many words and sentences separately and when it comes to pasting it could show us pop-ups of multiple copies and paste the one we want to the certain places. I was copying the words from the first page to the end and it was annoying to copy and paste one by one. After that,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Not equals comparison

Filtering by something along the lines of "givenName ne 'foo'" produces
    "Unsupported property filter clause operator 'NotEqualsMatch'."

Assuming "not equals" comparisons simply have not yet been implemented, when will we see this implemented in the future?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to get file as valid PowerPoint template

When working with an Excel template (".xltx") or a Word template (".dotx"), it is possible to retrieve valid data for the template using the getFileAsync-method. This allows us to save the document as a template.
    However, when the same thing is done for a PowerPoint template (".potx"), the retrieved file doesn't represent a valid PowerPoint template. Instead, the retrieved file only works if it is treated as a regular PowerPoint file (".pptx").

This is a very confusing inconsistency between Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
    The behavior when using getFileAsync should be the same for PowerPoint as it is for Word and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make possible to install Office add-ins permanently to be available offline

I frequently have to keep my computer offline for weeks, and I'd want to use add-ins I need, like ScriptLab of FunctionsTransform, without constantly reminding myself that I must not clear browser cache or trying to self-host them.
    Simply put, I need an option to install them permanently on disk instead of memory.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SharePoint Online Please provide a method to view logs using ULS

SharePoint Online Please provide a method to view logs using ULS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Update Office.js more often

The latest update on github is from 7 month ago with some fixes and the initial release is from 2 years back. is Office.js development dead? I was hoping to finally have a common code base for Word/Excel on windows, mac and office365 alike but at this update rate I am afraid I'm betting on a dead project. Are there any future releases planned?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Content-Length in Access-Control-Expose-Headers on public.db.files.1drv.com

The content-length header is missing in the Access-Control-Expose-Headers list for requests made to public.db.files.1drv.com.

This means it is not possible to send HEAD requests for the content length before sending get requests with the Range header.
    Oftentimes you would like to retrieve only a portion of a file, containing f.x. headers or metadata at the end of a file. This can only be done if you know the file length beforehand.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ADD PERSIAN DATE TO OFFICE

HELLO
    PLEASE ADD PERSIAN DATE TO OFFICE (MSPROJECT,WORD,...)
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop using Internet Explorer for the desktop add-ins

Either embed Webkit or use Edge - this has gone on long enough.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Microsoft Teams: Color Channel Names of those we follow.

It would be nice to have the channels that I follow colored so that they are easily located in the Team/Channels listing. For example, as channels are active, they turn bold, it would be nice, if the channel name would be blue, if I follow that channel, or have some type of icon next to it's name to denote the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support a DOCX/XLSX/PPTX clipboard format

We need this more than all the other requests combined. At present we have implemented a major hack to accomplish this (opening the source document, copying it to the clipboard, then copying from the clipboard for the drag-drop data object).

Add support for putting a docx, pptx, & xlsx in the clipboard, preferably in the flat package format, but a byte array to the file image would be fine.

In addition, include an option with this that sets if it uses the source formatting, or blends to the destination formatting. In our case we need it to completely retain the…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hijri Shamsi (Farsi or Persian or Iranian or Jalali) Calendar for Sharepoint

Hi
    In Iran we really need to have Hijri Shamsi Calendar in any office tools such as Sharepoint.
    It would be appreciated if you could help us to support this calendar.

Regards

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automation for guest accounts in SharePoint Online

So I have a vendor whom we have shared a site with to allow the vendor to upload files. But it does not appear to be possible to automate this as it appears that only tenant users can authenticate. The only method available to the vendor guest user is via the browser GUI on sharepoint.com ; all other methods fail.

Because of this limitation, Microsoft is effectively forcing us to create service accounts in Azure AD and hand out said credentials to external users for no other reason than to automate copying a few files. I do not feel that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base