Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag and Drop

As you are supporting so many document events for Getting and
    Setting the Data using office.js
    Hence we are developing office apps 90% code using Jquery and javascript,but not all the events are supported that supported by Jquery.

I need some drag and drop kind facility for dropping "ooxml" kind of data to docuement.

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to set task pane title from Office.js

Currently, the task pane title for an Office.js add-in can be set only, AFAICT, from the manifest. It would be nice to update the title of the task pane from Office.js

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable creation and editing of freeform shapes from apps. Ideally one could create a freeform shape directly from an SVG path.

Enable creation and editing of freeform shapes (or any shape) from apps. Ideally one could create a freeform shape directly from an SVG path.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Programmatically add an App to an Office Document

We need a way to programmatically create add an App to an existing Office Document. The use case is to provide users with documents that already have the App attached to it instead of asking to add it manually.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give Roadmap for App for Office JavaScript API

I would be very interested to understand where you are going with the JavaScript API. I think it is a very good venue. However, it still is very rudimentary compared to the traditional C# or VBA API’s. There are still fundamental lacks (talking about Excel) such as:
    - Get address of bindings (e.g. info compared to =cell() function)
    - Get cell formula instead of value from a given matrix binding
    - Trigger range based recalculations
    - Evaluate function for computing a formula
    - Get more context (User context) e.g. for accessing external data (>> rights and roles management)
    - And…

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Needs more information  ·  9 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base