Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need events for Office Web versions of Word and Excel

The following list of events found on the client version of Word and Excel would aid in development of apps that work the same as current client addin apps work.

Excel Open Event
    Excel Close Event
    Excel BeforeClose Event
    Workbook activate event

Word Open Event
    Word Close Event
    Word beforeClose event
    Document activate event

268 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      17 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Support wildcards for AppDomains in Office add-in manifests to support sub domains

Support wildcards for AppDomains in Office add-in manifests to support sub domains for example <AppDomain>https://*.acme.com</AppDomain>

172 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        7 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • client-side ribbon manipulation

I'd like to see the ability to register ribbon items (tabs and their children) dynamically on the client-side via my app or some tenant scoped javascript that I can register (needs to work with SharePoint Online and should not block submittal to the store). Right now the only way to register a ribbon item of any sort is to do so during the app installation which doesn’t allow us to extend the ribbon over time (either with our own service adding items or by allowing the user to add their own items via an app or whatever).

74 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow edits made by Office.js API functions (setDataAsync et. al.) to be 'undone' with Ctrl-z

Right now, an app makes changes to the sheet, there's no way for the user to undo those changes (or their previous changes).

41 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Merge Apps for Office and Sharepoint API (Ewa namespace) and Office 2013 JS API

Is there a reason why you would not provide a common base for the two API's?
            The Ewa namespace offers a lot of functionality requested in many ideas related to the Offie 2013 API - it seems you already have the code and the interface in the Ewa namespace ?

7 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base