Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. provide a rest call for fetching root level sites excluding subsites

provide a specified rest api call for fetching users root level a sites excluding subsites

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VBA to WASM (web assembly) compiler

VB/A runs on windows and mac, 32/64 bits, it's interpreted, and compiled (classic VB). Port the compiler for the WASM VM. It would probably then become possible to run VB/A macros in the Office Web Apps, on all supported platforms.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add-in Developers - Automated Testing Platform

It is very difficult to test add-ins against multiple versions of Office and on different platforms.

For example, I ran into an issue where I had the latest macOS but a user had an older version. It was very difficult to debug and test code against that older version.

Therefore, it would be nice to have something like https://www.browserstack.com/ or Sauce Labs that was available to Add-in Developers so that we could run some automated testing in CI to make sure our changes will work on multiple platforms and environments. Maybe even at a minimum a set of VM's like…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. tell tomobile

addKey: Add a KeyCredential for an application 

Call the addKey action to add a KeyCredential for an application.

Important: Requires version v1.6 or newer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Pasting as an option when the spell-checker only gives the options...

Allow Pasting as an option when the spell-checker only gives the options: (No Spelling Suggestions) - Ignore All - Add to Dictionary - Who is... - Hyperlink... [Paste & Replace] <-new option]

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support Custom CSS via AlternateCSSUrl web property on Modern SharePoint pages

Some users have decided to use the modern experience for lists and libraries within existing sites, but the CSS in the AlternateCSSUrl web property is not supported on the modern pages, resulting in an inconsistent UI for things like the Top Nav and Quick Launch as compared to the rest of the site. If we could apply CSS globally to these elements via the AlternateCSSUrl web property we could make a difference, instead of having to turn off the option to use modern pages for all users in order to control the UI.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please provide the ability to move O365 tenant Data Region move in the Office Developer Program

Currently when we sign up for the Office Developer Program and create and O365 Subscription, the tenant is set to North America. This causes the inability to test add-in and functionality in the data center local to developer's location. Can you please provide the ability for O365 data region to be able to move? This solves latency and data sovereignty issues.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Method to close the add-in

I needed an exit button for the add-in I am developing. I could not find any method in office library to close the add-in programatically.

I suggest to include this functionality as soon as possible

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How to get one year free developer tenant?

I have join the developer program but i didn't see any option to create 1 year free developer tenant. On the "Thank you page", I can see 2 option which are Redeem free 30 day trial tenant or email for longer subscription. I have email them last week and i didn't get any response yet. i tried send few follow email but still no reply.

Anyone have any suggestion on how to get hold one year free developer tenant?

Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. API for Office Upload Center

Releasing API for Office Upload Center. So as to automate the process of deletion of cached files and also selecting the various options like Show Upload Failure Notification","Show Pending Upload notifications" etc

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New Icons in Outlook - NOT GOOD!

Can I tell you how much I HATE the New Icons in Outlook????? OMG, these are terrible. They all fade in to the background and are NOT user friendly. This is not just me - all my friends are complaining about the same issue. PLEASE.... go back to the more defined Icons!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. help me remember coding procedure

help me remember the coding procedure

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. les sugiero que creen una aplicacion para hacer mapas conceptuales

Buenos dias

Les sugiero que creen una aplicación para crear mapas conceptuales y que tengan más funciones; por ejemplo que se puedan poder conceptos sobre una línea de tiempo o se pueden georeferenciar los conceptos. (todos los conceptos tienen una temporalidad y un espacio) , así mismo que los conceptos se puedan catalogar por tags y que sea una aplicación que se incluya en el programa Office. 2) que los mapas conceptuales se puedan compartir para trabajar en grupo 3) que se les pueda agregar imágenes, enlaces, notas de voz. 4) que se puedan incluir tablas de inferencia lógica. ej:…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bring the classic VB PictureBox control to Access VBA

There is no equivalent to the PictureBox control in Access. The controls is very useful to display images and/or draw on the surface and/or use some of the Win32 API via the hwnd property it exposes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have an idea that will make (office access) better .. how can I present my idea to someone at Microsoft .. jerrywa0h@sbcglobal.net

I have an idea that will make (Microsoft office access) better.

??? how can I present my idea to someone at Microsoft ???

jerry gentry (waØh)
    jerrywa0h@sbcglobal.net

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide debugging support for DAO, at least give specific error feedback when there is a syntax or context error.

MS has reportedly decided to support and improve the DAO offering. Please add debugging tools to provide specific feedback when the DAO statement syntax parsing logic finds a coding error.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. to support bitcode in OneDrive iOS SDK.

The aim is to decrease the size of my iOS app using OneDrive SDK by eliminating unused object code.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. put the same text font in the table of contents.

When we introduce the summary it comes with the letter in Calibri, and should come in the same way that we are using in the text

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base