Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make a user friendly product that will continue to grow in symbiotic interaction with each unique consumer's needs, instead of a 3 year life

I understand the designed obsolescence concept of marketing, but after a while, I get tired of having to compete with highly paid Microsoft programmers while I have had no computer program training since Fortran in 1975. Yeah, Keypunch. I got a D.... ! but I have worked on mainframe IRS, and SSA, and state agency programs. letter and number perfect. and can keep up with the fluid operators with better company paid toys than I have to work with living on a disability income source. It is a big sandbox, I only have one marble! :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office 365 - Cloud Storage Partner Program Registration form does not work.

I tried in Chrome, Edge and IE. There is an angular.js error in the JavaScript console.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide samples for Laravel PHP Framework

Laravel is the number 1 PHP framework, and includes an oauth system called 'Socialite' There are a huge number of socialte providers at http://socialiteproviders.github.io/ It would be great to see sample code / projects using Laravel and Socialite to connect to SharePoint online.

I would love to see an example where SPO can be used as a 'document store' for projects in Laravel. Other ideas include the standard list storage/retrieval/query mechanism for list items, calendar events. etc...

On a related note. Flarum.org is a forum built on Laravel, still in it's infancy, but all the rage in the PHP community…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Solve Office Activation Issues on Azure VMs

Office installed on Azure VMs are losing their activation after a VM shutdown. This makes it impossible to create test VMs or use Office on a developer VM to develop/test/deploy(buildserver output) on Azure. Activation based on hardware assets such as harddrive and network MAC/IP combinations is outdated in 2014 and invalidates your VM images.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Encourage users to give feedback on each app

At present, very few users give feedback and reviews on apps. As a result, other users are less likely to try them.

At every possible stage, there should be a mechanism for users to rate the app - provide a number of stars and comments. That could be an email reminder or a message that comes up next time they visit the store or something inside of Office 365. The more users that give feedback, the more that other people will feel encouraged to try.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide Apps for Office testing guidance or samples

I am prototyping a task pane app for Apps for Office. I intend to deploy this on the desktop version of Excel as well as Excel Online in various browsers (IE, chrome, firefox). Currently, I am unsure of the proper way to test the interaction of my task pane App with the Excel spreadsheet. For instance, when my app inserts a table into the Excel Spreadsheet, what tool should I use to verify that a table was inserted into the sheet. For the desktop version of Excel, Coded UI seems usable. However, for online versions of Excel, it is does…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base