Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Names from Active Directory to Spell Check Dictionary in the same tenent automatically

The spell check dictionary for the O365 suite should be automatically updated to recognize names contained in the Active Directory for that tenent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The computer and printer are connected via USB and using iOS to print wirelessly needs to be connected.

Wireless LAN and the SSID of the network that the mobile terminal is connected to can be checked in [Auto Search] > [To Set Printer Wireless LAN].

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Secure Office version needed

We need a secure Office version which does not phone home or access sites outside of our network. We are a financial institution. Cloud based Office application of Office data files won't work for us.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unpublished app is still available in AppSource

The app has been unpublished from SellerDashboard but the app is still available in appsource

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Notify about the submission status

I submitted my connector to your store but forgot to add an icon,
    would be nice if there was an option to cancel the submission.

Would be great to know the estimated review waiting list and timing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve the processing of UK post codes in forms.

Improve the processing of UK post codes in forms. When ordering MS Office through the HUP programme, I was told that my postcode was incorrect. I'd initially entered it in lower-case. Then I tried in upper-case. Then I tried upper-case with a space in the middle. Eventually, that worked. I think that the form should be intelligent enough to know that eh13eg is the same as EH1 3EG. Especially when the error message isn't helpful in explaining what it objects to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it able to reply to Reviews on AppSource

We get reviews from users, but are not able to reply on them. Some reviews contains questions or problems that need answers.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow whitelisting of Office Add-Ins in the store for enterprise customers.

Allow whitelisting of Office Add-Ins in the store for enterprise customers for their end-users. At the moment they only can block access to the store and use 'central deployment'.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Office Add-in Manifest to be published to and hosted by a web server

The basic request is to support Office Add-in installation from a standard web server (via http or https), in addition to the existing locations: 1) Office Store, 2) network share, or 3) Sharepoint server.

For details about my requirements, please see forum thread:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/5b8cf52b-4fa3-4fc4-8d25-caf05a442f15/can-i-host-my-addins-manifest-on-a-web-server?forum=appsforoffice

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a version of Excel in Azure

When files get big or complex we need a bigger computer to run them. That is expensive and cumbersome. It would really be helpful to be able to run Excel in Azure Virtual Machines to do big processing jobs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. TEACHING VETERANS HOW TO CODE:

"help me to remember a coding procedure."

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a way to post feedback and ideas for AppSource

WHY IS THERE NO WAY TO POST IDEAS ON APPSOURCE? You just deprecated the Office Store this week ( 9-25-17) and sent a message to post feedback here. But there is no way to do so... Please add the ability to post ideas related to AppSource... Things like being able to sell solutions in AppSource, cross selling if you have more than 1 listing, tiered pricing, qnd localized marketing assistance to name a few ideas.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. please get to Iranian

Dear sir/I am a user of Internet services in Iran. Many user of Iranian work in home & want to getting your cash services but we do not know how to pay or charge costs to you .Because our government & banks are limited and the other hand often the amount is personal & small so /
    Can you design a method similar to international coupons or a charging move to direct users to pay for the requested service?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to programatically submitt to the Office Store / AppSource

Submitting multiple add-ins in many languages takes up some time, especially when you update the add-in frequently with new manifest files or new screenshots. We would like to include this step in our automated deployment process to increase quality and reduce time spent for updating our store registration especially as access to the store is limited to one personal login!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. AppSource does not use the translations from the seller dashboard

It looks like AppSource, that replaced the Office Store, doesn't use the translations that we added to our Office Add-in in the Seller Dashboard. It always shows the description in English.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It will be great if you could add number of downloads in Office Store for an App so that end users can understand the popularity of the app

It will be great if you could add number of downloads in the Office Store for an App so that end users can understand the popularity of the app ?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More advanced comments&reviews system in O365 Store

Currently Office365 Store allows anonymous comments on the product site, which could destroy opinion about each app by haters, trolls and competitors. It makes O365 Store unreliable platform for selling software. Each comment should have mandatory first name, last name, organization name, when app as used etc. You can check Capterra (capterra.com) or GetApp (getapp.com) to see how the comment system should look like.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support for embedding Office.js manifest inside workbook

Currently, the workbook has to have a reference to a manifest stored elsewhere. Managing the manifest in a catalog is inconvenient.

Please provide the support for embedding the manifest in the workbook directly so that the solution is self-contained.

In particular, the source location and app domains are the key elements to include in the workbook.

We are not asking for any special API to embed this information. Just publish the schema for the xml parts.

The key ask here is that Excel be able to read this information from inside the workbook and load the Office.js (Excel) add-in without…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add-in not loading in catalog if it contains European language character in office 2016

TaskPaneApp manifest works fine loading from"office 365 app Catalog" site with English character in description and name.
    But when I add German or any other European characters it stop loading from the catalog; basically it does not render in "My Add-ins" >> "My Organization" apps. it works fine with Word 2013 but does not work with word 2016.

Encoding for the manifest file is "unicode (utf-8 with signature) - codepage 65001"

Seems to be bug around encoding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base