Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More advanced comments&reviews system in O365 Store

Currently Office365 Store allows anonymous comments on the product site, which could destroy opinion about each app by haters, trolls and competitors. It makes O365 Store unreliable platform for selling software. Each comment should have mandatory first name, last name, organization name, when app as used etc. You can check Capterra (capterra.com) or GetApp (getapp.com) to see how the comment system should look like.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add-in not loading in catalog if it contains European language character in office 2016

TaskPaneApp manifest works fine loading from"office 365 app Catalog" site with English character in description and name.
    But when I add German or any other European characters it stop loading from the catalog; basically it does not render in "My Add-ins" >> "My Organization" apps. it works fine with Word 2013 but does not work with word 2016.

Encoding for the manifest file is "unicode (utf-8 with signature) - codepage 65001"

Seems to be bug around encoding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow "Private" Add-Ins for Specific Audience, not just Public Listing

We would like to be able to publish Add-Ins accessible to specific user groups in multiple companies (where internal distribution is not possible via SharePoint, O365 Admin Center, or network share). Including such Add-Ins in the public Store listing is not appropriate. Perhaps invited users would access the add-in Store page via a URL link.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Suite Link APIs

While it is possible to add custom links to the suite bar by using the admin site, it would be useful to either provide a way to programmatically add/remove links for a user, or provide an admin tool to provide default pinned apps on the suite bar.

For example, in an education tenant, we may want to provide a link to pin MS Classroom and a link to a SharePoint site for every student by default.

Users should continue to be able to modify their apps, but we should have the ability to set default values.

If there were client-side…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. sellerdashboard analytics only shows

Sellerdashboard metrics only show up to 4 weeks, even when download the metric data I always got previous 4 weeks and all time results.
    If I'm running a campaign for 2 months I have to manually download the CSV file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop sending me this advevrtisement

Your site is popping up in the middle of what I'm attempting to do and THAT is very frustrating

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Redesign Office Store Information Architecture

Who is responsible for the information architecture of the Office App Store? the categories are far from helpful. They are overlapping and inconsistent. There is no hierarchy, I seldom can tell what category to use to refine my searching. They need to take a look at the commercial sites like BestBuy and create metadata that can be used to refine search results with helpful criteria

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deploy particular version of App for Office/Office Add-In

Moving from VSTO, etc. to Apps for Office/Office Add-Ins customers have expressed concern that if I (the developer) deploy an app and they start using the app that they will no longer have control over when they update to the latest version of the app.

For instance say I deploy version 1 to the Office Store and the companies A and B install the add-in for all their employees. When I'm ready to deploy version 2, company A might be ready while company B might not. I'd like a way for companies (and ideally individuals as well) to be able…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add sort/filter capability to app store.

Right now I get 10's to 100's of app results for a particular category. I'd like to be able to sort those results by 'most popular' (most added?), 'highest rated', cost (free/not free), etc. It's just a shimorgizboard of stuff right now, and makes me dread finding an app or building an app. I want users to find my app because it's the best (i.e. ratings), but they cannot do that with the current interface functionality. Right now my app would just be lost in the sea of other app's, so where's the developer incentive to build an awesome, low-cost…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Possibility to read encoded files in the Office App

Currently, its not possible to open files (encoded with a key on the PC-version) on smartphones with the Office App. You have to use another App to do that.

It would be nice to make that work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. create a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity category in Seller Dashboard.

PlanBcp is a disaster recovery and business continuity planning solution that promotes using Azure cloud technology in your plans. It would be nice if the Seller Dashboard had a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In outlook mail app Add a functionality to use EWS getrooms operation

i have requirement where i need to get exchange rooms (like we do through EWS by using getRooms)in my outlook mail app, right now there is no such functionality where through makeEwsRequest i can get the rooms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the store page for each app more user-friendly.

The front page to the new store looks fantastic, it's nice, user-friendly and very intuitive. But that redesign doesn't extent to the page for each app.

When you click on an app, the page for each app is messy. It should be redesigned to encourage users to explore the screenshots, read the description and instructions, click relevant video, and ultimately add the app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow SP.UserCustomAction to be publish in the Office Store

Microsoft Office Store dont allow to publish SharePoint App with Full-permission, but there is the need from Site Administrators to extend the Out of the box functionalities such us
    SP.UserCustomAction object (sp.js)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj245920.aspx to the Site Administrators be able to add custom Actions/Ribbons and Script to their business in the Host Web Site.
    If this option can be done from the App Web to Host Web will avoid SharePoint Solution instalation "WSP" in Farms, the complexity of XML will be reduced and eficiency will increase (hours spent by Dev can be reduce in minutes)
    App example: http://aaclage.blogspot.ch/2014/06/sharepoint-app-processlynx-custom.html

It is possible…

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. On Office App store search results page, show Provider field in app details.

On the search result page for Office Apps, show the provider field of each App.

e.g. https://store.office.com/search.aspx?productgroup=SharePoint&catfltr=6&category=Editor%2527s%2BPicks

Can't tell which apps are made by Microsoft and which ones are made by which partner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Implement office app for Visio ?

Apps for Excel, Word, PowerPoint are available but for the moment there isn't the possibility to develop an app for Visio. Why ?

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Update Available" Badges on SiteContents

It's a pain to identify manually all Apps that are currently offering an update. Users should see a badge on the App Launcher as soon as an update is available.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove App version field from office store submission form

Currently when you submit an app to office store, you have to enter app version, this has to match the version defined in manifest, this seems redundant to me, can we remove this field from the submission form. App manifest describes the version of the app and having to enter it again during submission seems redundant to me additionally the app validation fails when they don't match, don't believe this is called out anywhere in policy, I could be wrong.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide access to app validation reports

Currently you can only see the app validation report for your last submission, if you've had multiple submissions there is no history available. Make it work similar to windows store and windows phone seller portal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base