Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a feature which enables to create the bindings to named range which has multiple ranges in it

Can you please provide a feature which enables to create the bindings to named range which has multiple non contiguous ranges in it ?.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your request!

We are collecting API requirements for developing Office Add-ins in Excel, specifically for Events API.

If you are considering moving an existing COM/VSTO/VBA Add-in to Office Add-in, or creating a new Office Add-in in Excel, and have events requirements, please fill the survey below and help us focus on the right set of events and design. We truly appreciate your help!

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR-JHDwXr1WhPtbjLQNPOgHtUOFhNTTRVNEE5WE9VVzExOVY5Tko2V05TSi4u

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

3. Possibility to read encoded files in the Office App

Currently, its not possible to open files (encoded with a key on the PC-version) on smartphones with the Office App. You have to use another App to do that.

It would be nice to make that work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ability to access to mail message headers

In Outlook Mail app there is no ability to access to the message headers through JSOM.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Return response for MailItem.ShowCategoriesDialog Method (Outlook)

When calling MailItem.ShowCategoriesDialog programmatically, there is no way to tell if the dialog box is close due to the "ok" button, "cancel" button or "close (x)" button being clicked.

Please add something like an integer return to indicate the close behavior.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  EWS & Outlook APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Getting Current Account User Information via JavaScript API for Office in App for Word, Excel 2013

Hi,

Please add some properties to get current account user information who log in the Office via JavaScript API for Office in App for Word.

Regards.
    Aftab Ahmad

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bindings is getting Removed for Table when Table is inside the Text Binding Controls

I have uploaded the code to one drive...here is the link

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=AC13FB5219C13126!373&authkey=!APxbF470V75cCE4&ithint=file%2crar

Steps to reproduce:

1.Click the "Create content control button" to create the Text Binding.

2.Create table (3 cloumns and 5 rows) Inside the content control and then "Create Table Binding".the table bindings will be created for the table that you selected .

3.Click the button "GetandSetXML for ContentControl" to get and set the XML.

4.Once after the this, you can notice the Bindings for the table is getting lost.

Do let me know if u need more understanding on this scenario

please see the question I rased in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide access to a user identity object in apps for Office (specifically: Access)

It is currently not possible to retrieve the current user identity in apps for Office. I realize that this is rather useless for Task Pane apps in Word/Excel/PowerPoint, but it is VERY useful for Mail and Access content apps. It is required if you want to save the refresh token securely to know which user is talking to your app backend.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to change content app size using api

Usually Excel Online and app for Office are on the different domains, so we can not access parent window document. Ability to control application size would improve usability a lot.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add ability to access to message body in read mode

In Outlook Mail app (read form) there is no ability to access to the message body in read mode through JSOM.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow us to not store credentials when doing automated fulfillment from managed code (Exchange)

"I am attempting to do some automated fulfillment from managed code, The exchange management shell is installed on the server and the application will be running under credentials that have access. How do I do this without having to store the credentials?"

Source: MSDN Survey Verbatim, 10/17/14
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff326159 (not in this doc)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  EWS & Outlook APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Universal Changed Event Support

Add a custom binding (named AllDocument binding) encompassing opened Powerpoint file , Excel File or Word file from Office.js so that a before chang event is raised to App. This will help with validations/ custom actions

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove Changes Made by the Javascript API for Office from the Undo Stack

I'm developing an app for Excel 2013. I have a binding, and I have an event tied to when text is updated in the binder. Text being updated fires the event which updates my sidebar app. This update causes my app to update a hidden column of 1s and 0s to control my conditional formatting, to highlight and unhighlight rows.

The problem that I'm running into is that I have lost the ability to use the Undo command. When I update a cell, the app instantly updates the conditional highlighting control column. I then can't update the change that I…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Want to open the developer reference directly from Excel developer

Hi,
    I want to open the developer reference directly from excel developer when it is open.
    Is there a way to do so by clicking only on the help (blue) button?
    Should I put the file I downloaded in a specific folder or do anything else?

Fabio Perna
    mailto:engfabioperna@gmail.com

1/9/15 - Dev Docs Shield Team - This is a feature request (and a pretty trivial one at that).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Offer Office 365 as part of MSDN subscriptions

I suggest you offer Office 365 as part of MSDN subscriptions.

I was extremely disappointed to see that when I login to my MSDN subscription and search for "Office", I don't see Office 365 listed as an available download.

I pay for my MSDN subscription out of my own pocket, so the absence of Office 365 from MSDN subscriber downloads is a large impediment.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer Programs & dev.office.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. create a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity category in Seller Dashboard.

PlanBcp is a disaster recovery and business continuity planning solution that promotes using Azure cloud technology in your plans. It would be nice if the Seller Dashboard had a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix bug in Outlook Folder.AddToPFFavorites Method (bug in 64bit; ok in 32bit)

AddToPFFovorites command as documented below in MSDN seems to have bug in 64bit Outlook (where there is run-time error when trying to use it) but seems ok in 32bit Outlook.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff869286%28v=office.15%29.aspx

Please fix the bug.

See also:
    http://tree-lined3.rssing.com/browser.php?indx=3466418&item=149
    and
    http://www.edugeek.net/forums/office-software/113325-outlook-2013-automate-add-favourites.html

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UI adaptation

For a better integration of line-of-business-applications into the interface of Outlook it should be possible to customize the UI and the Ribbon such as using VSTO or COM add-ins development tools . So if Office. js has the functions e.g. to display custom regions in Outlook, which can be used to display web content as in action panes today, if will be a great step to migrate from existing VSTO / addin solutions to the new app model of office.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let Word support web font

I'm developing a Word App which can add custom fonts(which are not installed yet) in Word.
    My idea is that to take the Word as a HTML page by using the JavaScript API for Office v1.1 (Office.context.document.setSelectedDataAsync). With the CSS font-family setting , ex:
    @font-face{font-family:fontname; src: url('http://xox.com/font/fontfile.eot');src: url('http://xox.com/font/fontfile.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),url('http://xox.com/font/fontfile.woff') format('woff');}
    and the HTML tag setting, ex: <span style='font-family:fontname;'>Here shows the custom fonts...</span>

But the result is: Word accept the CSS style setting, but the web font style is not success. It still keeps the system font style.

I suggest Word can support web font.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base