Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add api to invoke the text-changed event on the message body in item edit mode

Add api to invoke the text-changed event on the message body in item edit mode

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Control of Cursor in Outlook Desktop (Native Windows Client)

In add-in we want our cursor/caret to appear in the To: field right after loading the add-in. But it goes away and never appear until we click either inside the message body or any other text field.

I suggest that we should provide a method to place cursor/caret whereever user wants it to be placed.

It works just fine in web version.

Here is the reference of discussion with MSFT Outlook Addin team,
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58973742/outlook-365-addin-on-desktop?noredirect=1#comment104757525_58973742

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Junk mail in outlook

i keep getting junk and these people keep using a auto response system, but they are lazy, what outlook needs is a first name @ blocker, so i keep getting two kinds of spam, one where they change the .com, and will either write dysfunctional names or coded numbers, so one is a blackmail scam, where they claim they will post videos of you wanking, and what they will do is saveyourself@4005.com or saveyourself@5564.com what outlook needs to develop is a (first name) @ blocker, and also sort numbers .com so just uploads loads of numbers 1 to billion, so…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it possible to add custom buttons to the text selection tooltip

Currently, when selecting text, a menu appears with formatting options such as font size, weight, and color. It would be useful if custom buttons could be added to this menu. This would make it easy to use features that process selected text.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 【佳佳賴+賴w2859看照約妹】一夜情外送茶加+賴w2859 深夜寂寞就加賴:w2859甜蜜蜜的雙唇 添上你的大肉棒口技交術好 1:可獨享VIP會員專線 “一撥即通 暢通無阻” 2:品質好茶優先推薦 3:每次消費都可享受八折折扣 4:帶朋友消費即可得到一張1K的優惠卷 5:可

【佳佳賴+賴w2859看照約妹】一夜情外送茶加+賴w2859
    深夜寂寞就加賴:w2859甜蜜蜜的雙唇 添上你的大肉棒口技交術好
    1:可獨享VIP會員專線 “一撥即通 暢通無阻”
    2:品質好茶優先推薦
    3:每次消費都可享受八折折扣
    4:帶朋友消費即可得到一張1K的優惠卷
    5:可看部分妹妹不遮臉真人照加賴w2859
    ★更多精彩好茶 更多天然美女盡在【看照約妹論壇】
    ★每天上百名兼職靚妹 等待哥哥們的邀喲
    ★服務地區:台北 台中 彰化 南投 高雄 新竹 台南 新北
    【買二節可免費送二節的優惠活動喔】+賴w2859

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding Hexagonal grid rule line in Onenote. Helpful to STEM majors!

As Neuroscience major, I use Onenote app on a surface pro 2017 to draw my hexagonal ring like carbon structures in my notes. Adding a Hexagonal grid on the Rule Lines tab would be helpful for STEM majors using Onenote.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Method to update fields

Hello,
    please add a method that can update all fields in the document, just like F9-Shortcut does.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Implement arrow style for a data series in a chart

In Office Excel, you have an option to implement an arrow style in your line chart for a data series.

However, it seems like the office.js library is unable to implement this option.

Excel.Line has the option I'm looking for (beginArrowheadLength, beginArrowheadStyle, etc, ), but it was strictly for shapes, completely separate from series charts, and has no way to somehow implement a custom shape to the data series.

Adding this feature would help me greatly to create a chart directly to excel instead of building a custom chart inside the page.

More information on my stackoverflow question:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59971581/microsoft-office-js-excel-add-in-how-to-implement-arrow-style-for-a-data-serie

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to get Excel comment cell reference directly using Office.js

Is it possible to get Excel comment cell reference directly using Office.js?
    Right now there is no reference regarding the cell the comment is written into.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to set author and creation date in Excel comments using Office.js

Is it possible to set the author and the creation date of an Excel comment as writable using Office.js?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix Office js recipientType discrepancy for Outlook on Windows

We use Office.js to build an Outlook web add-in and we make use of the calls composeItem.to.getAsync where the compose Item is Office.context.mailbox.item. The call returns an array of recipients of Office.EmailAddressDetails objects and are as described in this documentation.

In the latest version(s) of Windows Outlook (16.0.11901.20204 and 16.0.11901.20070), we can observe a discrepancy in the resulting EmailAddressDetails.recipientType to the above call when it comes to Dynamic Distribution Groups. We observe that the recipientType used to be distributionList on a slightly older version of Windows Outlook (16.0.11328.20362). But now, the recipientType returns other for Dynamic Distribution Groups. This discrepancy…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 屏東叫小姐/屏東美人賴.pz5530 #屏東汽車旅館叫小姐-屏東約妹`屏東美人/屏東住家叫小姐#屏東正妹介紹/屏東旅館叫小姐賴 PZ5530 .屏東外送茶莊#屏東魚訊line#屏東魚訊交流#屏東魚訊分享#屏東魚訊論壇/屏東外約賴 PZ5530 /屏東外送舒壓按摩/屏東鮪魚飯店叫小

屏東叫小姐/屏東美人賴.pz5530 #屏東汽車旅館叫小姐-屏東約妹`屏東美人/屏東住家叫小姐#屏東正妹介紹/屏東旅館叫小姐賴 PZ5530 .屏東外送茶莊#屏東魚訊line#屏東魚訊交流#屏東魚訊分享#屏東魚訊論壇/屏東外約賴 PZ5530 /屏東外送舒壓按摩/屏東鮪魚飯店叫小姐

屏東外送茶.賴 PZ5530 屏東外送茶莊.屏東汽車旅館叫小姐.賴 PZ5530 屏東找茶,屏東外送舒壓按摩.屏東護膚全套外約.,屏東外約賴 PZ5530 .屏東旅館叫小姐找妹.屏東找小姐.屏東汽車旅館叫妹妹服務.屏東叫小姐賴 PZ5530 .妹妹服務/屏東找歡樂.屏東出差旅遊約妹 .屏東正妹論壇.屏東約情人.屏東找女人賴 PZ5530 兼職妹.推薦屏東茶莊賴 PZ5530 ##屏東外約妹妹價位#屏東飯店叫小姐找小姐.屏東全套外送.屏東辣妹.屏東找學生妹.人妻/薇米文旅叫小姐

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. encode URL parameters

Opening an url via displayDialogAsync even when redirecting to servers that do not honor "|" in query in parameters should work.

Current Behavior
    Opening an URL via displayDialogAsync fails when opening AWS API Gateway URLs or similar such servers where "|" is not honored/configured to be used. Though it may be for the server to accept "|" the best practice may be to encode the URLs

Additional details:
    Set up an AWS API Gateway + Lambda
    Use Office API Office.context.ui.displayDialogAsync to open this URL.
    The Office API adds a query parameter "hostinfo" with values similar to - outlook|web|16.01|en-us|6ed38bbe-e610-cf6a-b413-9491cdcef28a|isDialog| …

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sync roaming settings asynchronously

Currently, for the roaming settings to sync, we need to close the add-in, close and re-open the other client we are trying. For example, if we save data in an outlook adding in a browser, we need to close that addin first to get the data saved. And to sync it with another client (Mobile or another browser), that client needs to be closed and re-opened.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring back the configuration to always open the compose form in a popup from OWA

There was a checkbox in 'the old' OWA which, when checked, ensured that the Compose form (new message, reply, forward) opened in a popup. Please bring that functionality back.

The problem is that my read-pane add-in has a timer which the user can start to record the time spent on writing the reply to a message. I want to record that time in my application. When the compose form opens, the read-pane add-in gets closed and hence we lose the time spent. When the compose form opens in a popup, the read-pane add-in stays in its place and the user…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow removing all the ItemChanged handlers registered by the add-in

I am unable to unregister a previously registered event handler for ItemChanged event when the handler function is no more available in the page's scope. So there needs to be an ability to either:
    - unregister the event handler by name only or
    - unregister all the event handlers registered by the add-in

Use Case
    My add-in has more than one web-pages and I have a navigation bar in it. So my web-pages unload when I navigate to another page. Because the Office.context.mailbox.removeHandlerAsync function requires the named handler to be a valid function, I can not unregister the handler in…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 赖tea7799桃園喝茶吃魚学生妹/桃園外約茶經驗/桃園外送茶心得/桃園魚訊

赖tea7799桃園喝茶吃魚学生妹/桃園外約茶經驗/桃園外送茶心得/桃園魚訊

甜美清純小女生令你怦然心跳了嗎
    享受美女正妹迷人惹火身材
    全裸香豔美胸誘惑抵擋不住
    等你來解開她的胸罩小咪咪好想被吸
    妹妹們空虛寂寞的下體等著哥哥來插入
    任君品嘗讓您感受前所未有的享受

想瞭解更多美眉資料就請加通訊資訊詳談歐
    Line:tea7799

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Push notifications

Provide options to send notifications from add-in's Taskpane to add-in command ribbon button.

For example how we will get a small number on top of the icon for MS Teams showing you how many notifications are pending or notification of any missed conversations in Skype something like that.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60655780/is-it-possible-to-send-push-notifications-to-outlook-add-ins?noredirect=1#comment107320289_60655780

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Graph API access to Archive Mailbox (aka In-place Archive)

Microsoft's official documentation for Graph API access to Archive mailboxes is non-existent, and what people cobble together on public sites like StackOverflow is highly contradictory:

1. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52991085/how-to-get-messages-from-archived-mailbox-using-ms-graph-api

2. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36939501/how-to-get-in-place-archive-mailbox-in-exchange-online-using-office-365-apis

3. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36939501/how-to-get-in-place-archive-mailbox-in-exchange-online-using-office-365-apis

(some say it's impossible, some possible, but suggested solutions don't actually work).

Suggestion:

1. If it's possible to access Archive mailboxes (not just the regular archive folder in the normal mailbox!) via Graph API, document it properly.

2. If it's not possible, make it possible.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Rest APIs for Content Search in Security and Compliance - Office 365

For an internal project, I need to make search for emails across the mail exchange server (Office 365) of my organisation. As we have content search in Security and Compliance in Office 365. I am not able to find relevant apis to implement the same. Can anyone help me with this? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/content-search?view=o365-worldwide

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base