Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter on User officeLocation

Using the Microsoft Graph API, I am able to filter out results on a /user/ endpoint using various properties on each User object, like "$filter=givenName eq 'somename'" and "$filter=startswith(mobile, '9188')", but I am not able to filter on the "officeLocation" property, instead receiving the message "Unsupported or invalid query filter clause specified for property 'officeLocation' of resource 'User'."

I am currently developing the backend API of a webservice, and filtering on "officeLocation" is a crucial part in our particular case as we use "officeLocation" to denote which store a particular user belongs to. To fetch all users belonging to a…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow client-side insertion of OOXML

Currently if you want to update an Office 365 document, the insertion of the OOXML can take a long time. From the conversation below, this is because this is a server-side request. Would it be possible to get a client-side insertion similar to the insertText method.

https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js-docs/issues/237

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. see user presence with a Graph call

I'd like see user presence with a Graph call so I can have an indicator if they are available for chat in teams or out of the office etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PowerPoint API

Build out the specific host PowerPoint API with near complete parity to the control that was available in VSTO add-ins for PowerPoint. We have an add-in we want to build out in the new Web Add-in platform, but can't due to the extremely limited capabilities of the current Office.js API. You've had years to work on it, at least be more forth coming with where things are in development.

366 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Slide using Office JS In PowerPoint Addin

We need Office Js API which will insert slide in PowerPoint on office online and in installed PowerPoint add-in as well.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make possible to install Office add-ins permanently to be available offline

I frequently have to keep my computer offline for weeks, and I'd want to use add-ins I need, like ScriptLab of FunctionsTransform, without constantly reminding myself that I must not clear browser cache or trying to self-host them.
    Simply put, I need an option to install them permanently on disk instead of memory.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why Should We Use This API To Connect To SharePoint When There Is An Existing SharePoint API?

Seems confusing as to when or why a developer should use the Graph API to connect to SharePoint when a REST API exists for connecting to SharePoint objects already.

I see one of the reasons which is to eventually pull all of the API's into Graph. But right now it is not clear when to use which API.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. imporve searching managedDevice by roleScopeTagIds or lack thereof

currently when querying https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/deviceManagement/managedDevices scope tag ids are empty - roleScopeTagIds property -.

A way to query devices in function of those would be usefull for those of us that want to automate tag assignement.

I do find that empty array on roleScopeTagIds is missleading but understand that this could lead to much data delivered as the tags are not capped.

Either do cap the number of tags per device...

Or provide a way to query managedDevices per tag or lack there of:
    maybe a method to request those (with our without roleScopeTagIds).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Expose API to allow adding gradients to cells

I am porting an add-in to Office 365. I see that gradients are not currently supported. The gradients are a key part of the functionality of our add-in (recently demoed to a number of MS execs, including Satya, Brad Smith, Rajesh Jha, and even BillG at MSR TechFest). It would be great to be able to do this soon.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Not equals comparison

Filtering by something along the lines of "givenName ne 'foo'" produces
    "Unsupported property filter clause operator 'NotEqualsMatch'."

Assuming "not equals" comparisons simply have not yet been implemented, when will we see this implemented in the future?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement reliable WebSockets for Custom Function Add-In in Office.js.

Currently the web socket implementation for desktop version of Excel (Version 16.0.11601.20130 32 Bit) is not correct. The property bufferedAmount is not implemented in this version. Further messages are lost, if “send” on the WebSocket is called frequently directly from a custom function. It seems as if the SDXPlatformBundle_foundation.js has some bugs.
    In office online the problem does not exist. Please make desktop version behave like online version of Excel with a complete implementation of WebSockets.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Microsoft Graph tutorials for React Native

Provide a step by step tutorial for creating a React Native app for calling Microsoft Graph APIs.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Detecting Outlook Add-ins

We currently have a VSTO add-in for Outlook but want to write a new add-in so that we can run on all outlook platforms. However, we don't want our users to run both at the same time. Is it possible for the VSTO add-in to detect if there is a new style add-in installed and/or vice versa, can the new style add-in detect if the VSTO add-in is loaded?

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Collapsible vba procedures

By default each procedure should only have the first procedure line (header) visible with an expand button to show all lines within the procedure. Currently a lot of time is spend scrolling through code.

I would also like to see the two drop downs for general and declarations changed to a tree view on the left so that I can more easily navigate procedures and methods.

208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Workbook Views control

Hi All,

At the moment, workbook can't switch views,
    Please advise Workbook Views control, such as Normal, Page Break Preview, Page Layout and Custom VIews,
    I need your support and feedback,

Best Regards,

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When support Group/Ungroup method in Excel

It is very important for me.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Checkin comments in version history of listItem

When querying the version history of a listItem in sharepoint via ms-graph API I get something like:

{
    "@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#sites('site-id')/lists('list-id')/items('item-id')/versions",
    "value": [
    {
    "id": "2.00",
    "lastModifiedDateTime": "2019-07-15T18:34:05Z",
    "lastModifiedBy": {
    "user": {
    "email": "foo@bar.com",
    "id": "1234",
    "displayName": "Foo Bar"
    }
    },
    "fields@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#sites('site-id')/lists('list-id')/items('item-id')/versions('2.00')/fields/$entity",
    "fields": {
    "_CheckinComment": "",
    }
    },
    {
    "id": "1.00",
    "lastModifiedDateTime": "2019-07-12T20:40:32Z",
    "lastModifiedBy": {
    "user": {
    "email": "foo@bar.com",
    "id": "1234",
    "displayName": "Foo Bar"
    }
    },
    "fields@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#sites('site-id')/lists('list-id')/items('item-id')/versions('1.00')/fields/$entity",
    "fields": {
    "_CheckinComment": "",
    }
    }
    ]
    }

I removed the unnecessary fields in this example.

My problem…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Taskpane Addin's and custom functions to control content addins

This would allow the ability to have the menu system outside of the content add-in. In addition would provide the ability to seamlessly bring in other charting libraries for more complicated live charting of financial data.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base