Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Compose AddIn on Mobile

According to this...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/dev/add-ins/reference/manifest/extensionpoint#extension-points-for-outlook

...Addins are only supported for message read, on mobile. Can we please have a MobileMessageReadCommandSurface ExtensionPoint, so that we may create an addin for message compose, on mobile.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Intune List managedDevices for security groups

Hi,

We are building a portal where we need to display devices for security groups. Currently we can only display basic device information using GET /beta/groups/{groupId}/members.

We would like to diplay manageDevice information, a request for this would be very usefull, example:
      GET /groups/{groupId}/managedDevices

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • OneNote.Application CurVer registry key incorrect for version 16+

I noticed that if I install Office 2019 or Office 365, the following registry key is set to "OneNote.Application.15":

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\OneNote.Application\CurVer

Version 15 corresponds to Office 2013. Is this a bug with the Office installer?

6 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • VBA to WASM (web assembly) compiler

VB/A runs on windows and mac, 32/64 bits, it's interpreted, and compiled (classic VB). Port the compiler for the WASM VM. It would probably then become possible to run VB/A macros in the Office Web Apps, on all supported platforms.

24 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Developer Programs & dev.office.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Provide a way to get the Office 365 Version on the client side

Office 365 has monthly versions (such as 1803, 1810, etc.). This version is displayed in the Office client application's Account tab.

I couldn't find a way to programmatically get this Version number on the client side. There is only the usual full build number.

Is there a way or can a way be provided, please?

7 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • How to get contact list using any APIs with email Id.

Hi Support,

I want to know,

Can i featch emails id in contact list APIs. Because I using "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/contacts?$top=100&$select=givenName,surname,emailAddresses&$orderby=givenName%20ASC"

This APIs. But i am facing one issue about get email id Because Of Email Id not come in this APIs. So Can you Help me How to get Contact list with Email Id.

Thank you-

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Outlook Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • ExtensionPoint > OfficeTab > Group > Prefered position (insertAfterMso)

Implement the insertAfterMso feature to position the tabgroup not at the end but where relevant.

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Access to Custom Attributes in Exchange Online via Microsoft Graph

I would like the ability to access Exchange Custom Attributes via Microsoft Graph.
                  The custom attributes, 1-15 stored in Exchange Online as part of Office 365. I am currently unable to access these. It would be useful as we use these attributes to hold alternate contact information not available by default. Such as a bilingual job title.
                  In order to update these automatically, it would be ideal if Graph could reference these.

10 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Return message ID in response of send/sendMail

The APIs to send an email and message feel incomplete: as the response is empty it's impossible to track the ID of the new message.

Working around this limitation requires the following steps:

- creating a draft
                    - fetching the internetMessageId of the draft
                    - actually sending the message
                    - querying the list of messages to filter the desired internetMessageId

9 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Please support 15 minute meetings on graph FindMeetingTimes.

I'm using FindMeetingTimes to find the next available room time slot for 15, 30 and 60 minute meetings.
                      All is good for 30 & 60 minute meetings but it insists on only letting you start meetings at 30 minute intervals.
                      For example, if the current time was 10.05am and I used FindMeetingTimes to get the next available time slot, it would return 10.30am as available for the start of my meeting, even though the 10.15am - 10.30am slot is free.

6 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Add support for Exchange ActiveSync Device Partnerships to Graph API

Currently to retrieve information about all ActiveSync Device Partnerships from Exchange Online, you need to either use ECP or Exchange Online PowerShell. Both of these ways are _VERY SLOW_. ECP because it's manual, and PowerShell because you either have to grab a) all mailboxes (get-mailbox) or b) all partnerships (get-mobiledevice), and then loop through the list to look at each partnership (get-mobiledevicestatistics).

It'd be so much quicker if this was available via the Graph API.

18 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Support for Drag and Drop in Outlook and other addins

Allow the ability to be able
                          - to drag attachments from an e-mail to an addin
                          - to drag and drop 1 or more e-mails (and their attachments) to an add-in.

Allow the ability to drag content to a new /email in compose mode from the addin

This will allow information exchange between Outlook and the addin which reads /writes data to an external repository

26 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Outlook addin, get the URL to directly open an email in a browser

On msg read scenario, I would like to get the link to the current email. That way, people can easily open that email again when they're using our platform

Related StackOverflow question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53728777/in-an-outlook-addin-how-do-i-get-construct-the-url-to-directly-open-an-email-in

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Enable B2B guest account access to SharePoint Graph calls

When I make the following graph call:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me

As an account authenticated against a tenant I'm a guest in, I get the user details for that target tenant.

The account has access to a SharePoint site collection via the same B2B identity. When I make the following sites call:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/tenant.sharepoint.com,xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx,yyyyyyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyyyyyyyyyy

where the two guids reference the site the account has access to, I'd like to see the same data returned as if I'd made the graph call from an acount homed in the site's tenant.

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Enable Microsoft Bookings for 365 Enterprise E3 Developer

Hi,

I have been using Microsoft Bookings for a while until last year it suddenly was disabled for my account.
                                I was using the outlook.office.com/owa/?path=/bookings/ url to access Bookings but are no longer able to.

Also the "Business Apps (Free)" are not available for my E3 Developer subscription, but they are for the normal E3 which is weird.

It would be great if Bookings or the Business Apps (Free) could be enabled for the E3 Developer subscription.

Thanks!

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Add support for descending sort order to OneDrive for Business API

I want to retrieve a list of OneDrive files sorted by created date (descending), i.e. newest first. This can be achieved with a OneDrive personal account by appending `$orderby=createdDateTime desc` to the graph query, but this returns an error for a business account.

19 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Explain why retail version of Office 2019 received feature updates

I noticed that the November update of the retail version of Office 2019 is version 1810, which contains feature updates. However, this contradicts the official Microsoft Office 2019 FAQ documentation (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4133312/office-2019-commercial-for-windows-and-mac-frequently-asked-questions).

Can an explanation be given to this contradiction, please? As an add-in developer, I'd like to understand the official Microsoft stance on this so that I can plan accordingly.

5 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Add-in: Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Restrict app permissions to scopes (required by large organizations)

If my app gets permission to access "calendar write", I can modify ALL mailbox calendars.
                                      Large organizations would love to restrict Apps just for specific objects, like my app only can write to calendars of users *@contoso.com or of users that are member of security group "Contoso" or similar...
                                      Any plans on that topic?

25 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Fix timezone bug in Outlook

A few months ago I've found a bug/limitation when developing Outlook Calendar Add-in. When time zone in Appointment organizer mode is changed (dropdown), the time returned by Office.context.mailbox.item.start.getAsync() is aggregated with the hours of the timezone, when the selected timezone itself is not available to get.

Let me clarify it with an example:

1. My location time zone is CEST. I open an event and set the time to 7:00 and timezone to Singapore.Image

2. then in the add-in I use Office.context.mailbox.item.start.getAsync() to get the start time. I receive the following string:

Thu Oct 25 2018 01:00:00 GMT+0200 (Central European…

9 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Add a support for InsertXML for excel

As like the Selection.Range.InsertXMl I need the option in excel also. It will be helpful for adding contents using openxml

5 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base