Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Looking for “On save feature for Outlook add-ins”

On the Microsoft document, I've got the On to send add-ins event (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/add-ins/outlook-on-send-addins) which is used when we create a new event. Similarly when we update the event the "Send" button changes to "Save", however, the same "Save" event documentations is not present on the Microsoft document.

How can I call my custom function when a user clicks on save while updating any event and update the same on my custom code.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to Export Slides To Image And Video in Web Add-ins

Hi All,

I am creating a PowerPoint Web Add-in to export all ppt slides as an image and video format, To do this, I also saw the documentation from the URL "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/powerpoint/powerpoint-add-ins". But, I am not able to find a way to do this and it is also not very helpful.
    Can anyone please suggest a way to achieve this task?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Expose the commenting feature via excel-js api.

Can you expose the comments/notes feature in the excel-js api. I am interested in developing an add-in that depends on comments/notes. I noticed that there are other developers who are also interested in add-ins that need access to comments/notes. Following is a stackoverflow thread about it:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44019257/excel-javascript-api-set-note-to-cell

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a tool for debugging Javascript API in Chrome Devtools

Debugging on Mac is a pain.. The built-in safari tools are buggy and laggy. The only useful feature of volron.js is displaying console.log's.
    I want a normal developer experience on Mac!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. track changes in excel

I work for a large company. We receive requests for proposals in Excel and need to respond in Excel. We need to be able to track our editor's changes in Excel. Currently we can only track changes in Word but that is not the format that consultants use. We have to copy from Excel to Word for editing, then back to Excel to finalized. This is wasting a lot of time. Please add track changes to Excel so that it works the same as Word.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Insert picture/shape in Excel range

Like inserting shapes in a worksheet it would be useful to insert pictures in a range/cell. The range/cell acts as an anchor.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow toggling of LinkToPrevious with office.js

VBA and .net both allow for editing the Link To Previous property of headers/footers.

This functionality is missing from office.js, and thus requires extensive workarounds often involving other add-ins, XML, and/or weirdly specific templates to replicate.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Restricting access to Outlook add-in

As of right now there is no way to restrict who can install an add-in if a person knows the URL to the manifest file.

Of cause one could argue that the manifest file could be placed behind a login (either forms or normal Windows Auth), but still if a person somehow got hold of the manifest file (through an e-mail or what not), the person could still install the add-in.

It would make sense to add a section to the manifest file that could be used to describe characteristics about the users/domains that that are allowed to install the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. MS Teams integration with Security tools

Do we have any API in MS teams by which we can do integration of teams with security tools for alerting

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Shared APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix for strange Insert Footnotes/Endnotes behavior when using createDocument method

When a document is created and opened using the createDocument method, it causes strange side effects to the Insert Footnotes & Insert Endnotes functionality.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a new Word document using createDocument().
    2. In the new document, select "References->Insert Footnote" (or "Insert Endnote").
    3. A new document window pops up unexpectedly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add ability to send email via Office javascript API (`send` in Office.Item)

Please add ability to send email via Office JavaScript API.
    For example, it can be a new 'send' method in Office.Item.

The main reason is an issue with Windows Outlook option "cached mode" and saving information in Exchange.

I my add-in I should make some changes in body of email and then send it. Currently, I see only one possibility how to do it this:

1. Save the email in Exchange via 'Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync()'.

2. But in cached mode I don't know when it really will be saved in Exchange. (see more info here https://officespdev.uservoice.com/forums/224641-feature-requests-and-feedback/suggestions/34593391-immediate-synced-to-the-server-saveasync-to-get). So I should periodically with…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 仕事効率化(分析ソフト)を作ってください。

問題点を瞬時に見つけられるソフトウェアです。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can add-in support drag-and-drop event listening on Outlook

For some early version cannot support some attachment issue. Therefore, I wonder if it is possible for Microsoft to add a drag-and-drop monitor to outlook's body. So that the third party can judge the accessory according to the dragging action to avoid the problem of the Outlook version reason.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. un bouton dans Office

de mettre un bouton dans Office avec lequel on peut voir facilement ce que l'on a dans le presse-papier (le copier-coller)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Graph API access to Archive Mailbox (aka In-place Archive)

Microsoft's official documentation for Graph API access to Archive mailboxes is non-existent, and what people cobble together on public sites like StackOverflow is highly contradictory:

1. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52991085/how-to-get-messages-from-archived-mailbox-using-ms-graph-api
    2. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36939501/how-to-get-in-place-archive-mailbox-in-exchange-online-using-office-365-apis
    3. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36939501/how-to-get-in-place-archive-mailbox-in-exchange-online-using-office-365-apis

(some say it's impossible, some possible, but suggested solutions don't actually work).

Suggestion:

1. If it's possible to access Archive mailboxes (not just the regular archive folder in the normal mailbox!) via Graph API, document it properly.
    2. If it's not possible, make it possible.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base