Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it possible to filter manageddevices list on wifimacaddress

I know many people have requested this, but a filter that works for wiFiMacAddress is an important aspect for us in billing/security aspects. Without this filter it takes a lot of manual work to find the device the mac belongs to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to set the "sender" and "from" properties of a message

When composing a message, let the add-in set the "sender" and "from" properties.

Related properties:
    Office.context.mailbox.item.from
    Office.context.mailbox.item.sender

Remark: So far it is only able to read them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color correction AI

A feature that can analyse colors used in the presentation and suggest correction for better readability would be most useful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remote debug port for UI automation test

For outlook add-in, UI automation framework(like protractor) can operate the web view only when there is an exposed remote debug port opened.

For example, I want to login to our outlook add-in and click some buttons then to see the GUI of our add-in is correct in our automation. I need to simulate the user click and keyword event. Normally, we need a remote debug port and our automation scripts can send commands to this port to ask the embedded browser to perform these actions.

Currently, there's no way to open such a remote debug port for our testing.

Since…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Feedback: EnhancedLocations preview API

I'd like to provide some feedback about Office.EnhancedLocation and Office.LocationIdentifier when developing an Outlook add-in.
    First, very happy to see improvements with this!

In my use case, I have an Office Add-in that show me all available meeting rooms (from a different Office 365 tenant). Users can add one or more of those meeting rooms as a location to the invite, through the add-on. Sending the invite, also books the room (and because of an Organization Relationship we can even use the schedule builder to view Free/Busy).
    My code would use the EnhancedLocation.addAsync with body:

var locations = [
    { …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Extension points for Outlook: Add option to show buttons in command surface without select any email

So we developed a few custom Controls in outlook to allow user to interact with our management system (sync email item, add notes etc).

Currently user have to select email item to enable/show the controls (<ExtensionPoint xsi:type="MessageReadCommandSurface">).

And we are wondering if it is possible to show the controls without the user have to open the message.

ref:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/reference/manifest/extensionpoint#extension-points-for-outlook

https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js-docs-pr/issues/864

Thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. fast

good

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Office.EventType.DocumentSelectionChanged event equivalent for Outlook

In Word you can consume an event when the text selection changes are made in the body of a document via either:

Office.context.document.addHandlerAsync(Office.EventType.DocumentSelectionChanged, callback)

or

Office.context.document.addHandlerAsync("documentSelectionChanged", callback)

It would be very helpful to be able to detect this same behavior in an Outlook email.

I would like to see something along the lines of:

Office.context.mailbox.body.addHandlerAsync(Office.EventType.SelectionChanged, callback)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Javascript to be used, and shipped, within the excel sheet and not only as an add-in (as VBA is)

The beauty of VBA is that it ships with the sheet and does not require the installation of additional programs.
    The need to use an add-in means the majority of excel users (accountants, engineers etc.) are unable to write their own scripts without needing an IT department to approve, install and distribute the add-in. In most corporations this means the JS API is just not an option.
    Our only options then become to learn VBA while its on the way out or use Google sheets which lets you do it all online (ie no installation/IT department required).
    Ultimate goal =…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Error Messages - Ability to Copy/Paste them

Applying to all of windows but especially Office, when a run time or other error occurs we have to laboriously type out the error message into a search engine to provide more details. Sometimes the error codes are 15 digits long. It would be great just to be able copy and paste the error information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. sharepoint online - provide a way to navigate directly back to the library document location you entered library settings.

SharePoint online, you are somewhere within a library, you click library settings and choose permissions. From here it is not always possible to navigate back to your embedded library location. You can only click library name (and start at the top). You can try clicking back arrows but if you have open a new web browser window no history is available. Some sort of navigation link is required. SP2010 use to have the yellow folder in the banner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Our manifest mentions ItemType 'Appointment' but ItemSend event is invoked for 'Message' as well.

We are developing an Outlook Add-in that works with Office 365.

We are using the ItemSend event.

In our Outlook App manifest, we have:

<Rule xsi:type="RuleCollection" Mode="Or">
    <Rule xsi:type="ItemIs" ItemType="Appointment" FormType="Edit" />
    </Rule>

ItemType is an enumeration that has 'Message' and 'Appointment'.

However, our add-in is invoked for 'Message' send button as well, which is unexpected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Taskpane Addin's and custom functions to control content addins

This would allow the ability to have the menu system outside of the content add-in. In addition would provide the ability to seamlessly bring in other charting libraries for more complicated live charting of financial data.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. actionable messages security

Enterprise organisations have trained their employees in last couple of years against clicking links/attachments/buttons inside outlook because of the possibility of security attacks. Actionable messages are asking exactly opposite of what organisations have asked their employees, take actions inside outlook. We understand that actionable messages needs to be enabled in an office 365 tenant and are just post actions with complete security and there are very rare chances of any security issues. Also clicking on these cards does not launch any external application except outlook add-ins. How can we show inside a card that it is trusted and secure. Can…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Correct FindNext Implementation in Excel User-Defined-Functions

I have a function that searches a column in an Excel sheet for a particular value: UserName.
    For each of the cells that contain the UserName, I need to check another cell: LessonDate for the latest value (and return the latest LessonDate value found for the particular UserName).
    I wrote a routine with an initial .Find followed by a .FindNext loop in order to search all of the occurences of the UserName. When I tested the Function (I passed it the Sheet to search, and the UserName to search for as parameters), by calling it from the Immediate Window, it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add AI Builder to developer program benefits

It would be a great addition if the AI Builder were included in the Office 365 developer program benefits (just like the E5 tenant). If it were included we could be better advocates of the product and actually sell it to clients.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. provide functionality for lock and unlock file using rest api call or in ms flow

provide functionality for lock and unlock file using rest api call or in ms flow

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. if can add a new api for outlook add-ins Office.Body interface to change body type, maybe called setTypeAsync

Currently, there is an api called 'getTypeAsync' which can get the body type( 'html' or 'text' ). But there is no api to change the body type(for example, the api can be called 'setTypeAsync').

The reason why i need this api is for our customers user exprience. For example, when i use mac outlook client, i can get 'text' type by call 'getTypeAsync'. And i can only set plain text in the body by call 'setAsync'. when i try to set html, it can only return failed. But i think display html will be better for our customers. For example,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Do not require `ReadWriteMailbox` permission to call `Office.context.mailbox.makeEwsRequestAsync`

See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58289577/is-there-a-way-to-get-all-recipients-in-to-or-cc-fields

Currently you can only get 100 items from Message.to(Appointment.requiredAttendees), Message.cc (Appointment.optionalAttendees).

You can get full list of recipients with `Office.context.mailbox.makeEwsRequestAsync` but it requires `ReadWriteMailbox` which is basically the full control permission.

Request to require only `ReadItem` permission to call `Office.context.mailbox.makeEwsRequestAsync`.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base