Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow user to change Application.EnableEvents property

Addin developers should be able to call EnableEvents property as in the VBA, COM API, etc.

It is required for certain complex operations and to avoid handling of e.g. data change by other addins.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add event to Excel JavaScript API that fires when rows are hidden/unhidden

In Requirement Set 1.8 there are DataChanged events for tables and worksheets. It would also be useful to have similar events that provide the cell range affected and fire when the user explicitly hides/unhides rows or hides/unhides rows as a result of applying a filter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enhanced Excel

I have an idea that will enhance the spreadsheet. It is so simple that I cannot understand why no one has thought of it. It will make it a much more powerful calculation and even db tool, that would make it more suitable to cloud application. I know that I will have to develop the Idea and license it if I want to get any compensation for it. Is there a way to get Microsoft interested in the concept and who or what must or can one contact to disclose / discuss it? It may be worth billions to a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. please help in creating a whatscan which is already on andriod into a windows mobile

is a way of seeing other people whatsapp chat while ur not with them it about scanning d barcode of a friends barcode

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow EWS managed API to login with credentials from an Office Addin

Please allow full access to EWS Managed API within an Office Addin. We should not have to log in but once to use any technologies to access data on Exchange.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In the Project Explorer of the VBA editor clearly highlight the current edited module name

After selecting a module in Project Explorer when the user clicks in the VBA editing window, the highlighting of the current module name in Project Explorer almost disappears. It is only very faintly highlighted. It needs to be clearly highlighted so the Developer can easily see where they are in the project. I have a copy of xl2007 and the name remains lightly highlighted but in xl2016 it is so light that often I cannot detect which one is selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Insert online picture from actual URL

In word, I can do: Insert -> Online picture.
    It would be great if I have an option to paste an actual image url somewhere there, instead of only a bing search.

For example when I have an online diagram editor that exports an embeddeble image link.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft Office 365 Developer

Hello,
    I sent a request to participate in: Microsoft Office 365 Developer Program. Then twice (at your request) sent additional information. No response received. It's been over 7 days!!! Please let me know something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Backup Solution of Microsoft 365

After a quick review of marketing info of Microsoft 365 for Business, I failed to grasp how the product addresses a business' need for easy, robust data backup, retention, and retrieval. OneDrive is not a complete solution for this fundamental concern. Can this functionality be added? Or is there just a need to elucidate the best practices in the product literature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. show auto sum in the bottom when you switch to another excel sheet

In Excel, when you highlight a bunch of cells, it averages, counts, and sums those cells. When you switch to another excel sheet, this disappears and only works on the active sheet. It would be much more productive to not make this disappear but keep that for use in the other excel sheet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Excel javascript to be able to do M code (Power Query) for data transformations

Javascript code is already much more verbose than VBA. It could help to cut it down if we could use M code directly in Javascript to be able to do data transformations quickly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a way to post feedback and ideas for AppSource

WHY IS THERE NO WAY TO POST IDEAS ON APPSOURCE? You just deprecated the Office Store this week ( 9-25-17) and sent a message to post feedback here. But there is no way to do so... Please add the ability to post ideas related to AppSource... Things like being able to sell solutions in AppSource, cross selling if you have more than 1 listing, tiered pricing, qnd localized marketing assistance to name a few ideas.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PowerPoint Add-in in 2016 no longer working after Windows 10 update

After Windows 10 update, PowerPoint add-ins in PowerPoint 2016 do not work in Slide Show mode. It just displays as a picture.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Open the SharePoint Property Panel when you create a new Word doc from a SharePoint Online library. Currently it only display after saving.

Open the SharePoint Property Panel when you create a new Word doc from a SharePoint Online library. Currently it only displays after saving the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Separate the spelling differences between English(UK) and English(US)

Although people do understand both of them, in some formal situation, people need the exact spelling instead of mixing them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Edit object properties

It would be great if you'd allow to edit powerpoint oject properties. I want to e.g. set the font, color, background or spellcheck language from within my app on text boxes or the size/location of a selected object etc..

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add a Clipboard or Scrapbook feature back into Word for Mac.

I am a transcriptionist who often types long documents with several speakers' names in them. I need an easy way to collect a bunch of these names in a clipboard that I can easily move from the side of a document into the document. It was a great feature of older versions of Word. And I don't understand why it's not included in your product for Mac users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to insert add-in on multiple slides or slide master

Add an option to insert add-in on single slide or multiple slides. Current add-in can be added only in single slide.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base