Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need Excel sheet as a blackboard visible on desktop, which updates as I go...

Need Excel sheet as blackboard visible on desktop, which updates as I go...like a dashboard. Is there a way to have a dashboard as one's desktop? I am pretty sure a dashboard can be built with Excel, that would answer my question I guess...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Developer Programs & dev.office.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop using Internet Explorer for the desktop add-ins

Either embed Webkit or use Edge - this has gone on long enough.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automation for guest accounts in SharePoint Online

So I have a vendor whom we have shared a site with to allow the vendor to upload files. But it does not appear to be possible to automate this as it appears that only tenant users can authenticate. The only method available to the vendor guest user is via the browser GUI on sharepoint.com ; all other methods fail.

Because of this limitation, Microsoft is effectively forcing us to create service accounts in Azure AD and hand out said credentials to external users for no other reason than to automate copying a few files. I do not feel that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. While using getFileAsync method, error which code is 12007 was happened

I am uploading 1.01Gb excel file via getFileAsync of office javascript.
    uploaded till 1Gb, error which code is 12007 was happened . How to fix it could you pls help me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow dialogs to be sized with pixels instead of only percentages

Office.context.ui.displayDialogAsync gives us the ability to open a dialog of a certain size, but the size options are only in percents of the parents window.

This could be fine if we could know the size of the parent window from an add-in - we could get it and do some calculations, but CORS blocks us from that.

Using only percentages puts us in awkward situations where we have a dialog with a decent amount of content that we need to make responsive to a tiny window when there is still a lot of real estate available in the parent.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Shared APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Teams: provide means to manage "Hidden Teams" for users

In the Microsoft Teams client we'd like to move some teams to the "hidden teams" section of the teams list for certain users. We'd like to have an API for that.

Background: some (executive) users are members of many teams but only actively work in some of them. For them, newly created teams shouldn't be displayed in "Your teams" but rather be accessible via "hidden teams", if necessary.

(For our use case it might as well be sufficient to specify a list of users to hide the new team from. But an API would be more flexible.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Event in Outlook add-in when new email arrived

Use Case:
    Build an add-in that scans incoming email message, analyze it and mark email as suspicious if there is any phishing URLs in email.

This addin is currently not possible with the current Outlook 365 development model

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Default proofing Language

Allow the default proofing language on an existing document to be changed, without automatically reverting back to the original. Example being language original being English US, manually changed to English UK, automatically reverted to English US. Changing default language in language settings only applies to new documents and does not fix the issue with existing documents. Informs the user that they are spelling items incorrectly, such as 'colour' being incorrect, despite the language being set to English UK, and trying to correct this to 'color.'

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include a blocking feature in the iPad Outlook app

I am continually plagued with unwanted emails on my Outlook app for my iPad. Nobody seems to do anything to produce a facility to block them. Using Outlook.com doesn’t solve the problem. Time to redesign the Outlook app for the iPad to include a means of blocking unwanted emails from various senders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Outlook Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve VBA IDE: Highlight start and end of Blocks e.g. If/End If, With/End With, Do/Loop etc

It would be great if the VBA IDE would highlight...

(a) The start and of Blocks such as If/End If. So if you highlighted the "If" the matching "End If" would also be highlighted. This would be great for both coding but also auditing inherited code.

(b) Highlight incomplete Blocks: so if you start "If" it's red until such time the closing "End If" is added

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add control API for an embedded Powerpoint, similar to how you can control the Youtube embedded player with Javascript

Add to the embedded Powerpoint presentation API to:
    1.Get the presentation metadata
    2. Control the presentation slides

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hijri Shamsi (Farsi or Persian or Iranian or Jalali) Calendar for Sharepoint

Hi
    In Iran we really need to have Hijri Shamsi Calendar in any office tools such as Sharepoint.
    It would be appreciated if you could help us to support this calendar.

Regards

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow customizing headers in file attachment requests to allow more modes of authentication

Adding an attachment via addFileAttachmentAsync is currently very limited in how it handles authentication, for 2 reasons:
    1) When Outlook (desktop application, not OWA) requests the attachment, it first does an OPTIONS call, which is good, but does not set an Origin header, which is bad. This means CORS rules cannot be enforced properly.
    2) Outlook seems to also always set an "Authorization" header with value "Bearer" when requesting the file. It is common though to specify the authentication tokens as query string parameters. In this case, the server receives both an Authorization header and authentications tokens in the query…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Find&Replace tool

Why don't you add the possibility to apply the Find & Replace tool only to a text selection, as is done in Microsoft Excel? This would be much appreciated!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Power Pivot

Add Power Pivot

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Onedrive support server-side copy files from one folder to another folder or save from shared folders.

Sometimes, we need to save something from one folder to another. Sometimes, we need to save something from onedrive of other account(for example, save some folder shared by other to my own onedrive). I expect to have an API to perform the action in onedrive server side. In Chinese, most of the Cloud Storage have implemented this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Embedded Microsoft Whiteboard

The goal is allow embed the Microsoft Whiteboard into a HTML. We could use it as part of our app/web project.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer Programs & dev.office.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add-in: Whiteboard

Is it possible to interact with Microsoft Whiteboard through an add-in? Is office-js able to make this link for we create an add-in to Microsoft Whiteboard?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Notify about the submission status

I submitted my connector to your store but forgot to add an icon,
    would be nice if there was an option to cancel the submission.

Would be great to know the estimated review waiting list and timing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Outlook Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding HTML body using displayNewAppointmentForm

Allow the possibility to add the HTML Body in the parameters for displayNewAppointmentForm. Currently the body parameter only takes a String as input and no Markup can be provided. Please provide an option to specify the coercionType options for body

For reference:: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53828358/how-to-pass-html-body-as-paramaeter-for-displaynewappointmentform/53842751#53842751

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base