Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reinstate templates

In OneNote 2016 you could set templates so pages automatically had the formatting you wanted without having to manually change them each time. You removed this feature in the Windows 10 OneNote (no version year). This is annoying for anyone, but is an accessibility issue for people with disabilities, like dyslexia (10% of the UK population have dyslexia), and other cognitive function problems. I use a blue page template to manage symptoms related to light-sensitivity, but can't do this in the new OneNote. I believe this is in breach of the UK Equality Act 2010 and the WCAG 2.1 guidelines.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office Add-ins should run in Edge, not IE11

At the moment Word runs Add-ins in IE11

IE11 doesnt support ES2016, and is therefore much harder to develop for than all of the other newer browsers (Safari, Chrome, Edge).

Word should run Add-ins in Edge

307 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set your status based on groups

There are many situations where I would like to show myself as "Available" to certain contacts and groups but not to others so it would be useful if I could assign my status based on specific users or groups.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Skype Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. outlook desktop : remove all attendees, including meeting room, when passing an empty array

When using the method requiredAttendees.setAsync(), if we pass an empty array has value parameter, it would be nice to clear all the attenddes, including the meeting rooms.
    Actually, it's working on Outlook web app, but in the desktop app, it clears only the users (internal and external) declared in the requiredAttendees field, but not the meeting room.
    Thanks for your answer!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add-in Developers - Automated Testing Platform

It is very difficult to test add-ins against multiple versions of Office and on different platforms.

For example, I ran into an issue where I had the latest macOS but a user had an older version. It was very difficult to debug and test code against that older version.

Therefore, it would be nice to have something like https://www.browserstack.com/ or Sauce Labs that was available to Add-in Developers so that we could run some automated testing in CI to make sure our changes will work on multiple platforms and environments. Maybe even at a minimum a set of VM's like…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer Programs & dev.office.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. minimize when X is pressed

There should be an option for outlook to be minimized when user presses X instead of closed. Just like in Skype

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to embed excel elements in word, Office JS

Just like we can copy paste elements from excel such as individual cell values, tables, charts etc, into Word and create a link between those two, so that if values are updated in Excel, they are also updated in word.

I want it to be possible to do the same using Office JS in my word add-in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support passwords are retrieved or stored as files

自己设置的用于保护EXCEL表格的密码忘记了,再也难以打开了。
    网上非常多类似的求助。建议类似BitLocker那样,把文件的密钥存储为文本或存储在U盘中,避免忘记密码而文档又无法恢复的情形。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. VBA IDE Github integration for working on code

I work in VBA alot at work and would be great to create repositories of VBA Code for editing from multiple machines and environments and tracking changes to Modules and classes. I don't get to use more advanced IDE's because of licensing issues and IA Security.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to convert Add-In slide to image

Hello,

I would like to convert selected Add-In slide images to an image. For example to base64 or png format.

Currently the JavaScript Api doesn't support this.

For an old project I used the following method to get this done in a VSTO Add-In:

public string SlideToImage(Slide slide, string filePath)
    {
    // Store images in the given path with slide name e.g. C:\Users\BramR\AppData\Local\Temp\2\slide_afbeeldingen.jpg
    var path = $"{filePath}\\{slide.Name}.jpg";
    slide.Export(path, "PNG", 1024, 768);
    return path;
    }

Is there a way I could do this with the new Office Add-In generation?

Regards,
    Bram

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add API to instantiate a content add-in from a task pane

Scenario: a task pane add-in displays a list of objects that represent content that can be added to a slide as a content add-in instances.
    Allowing the instantiation of a content add-in programmatically would facilitate creation of great user experiences.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Granular control for enterprise deploying/managing Office Store Apps

Allow granular control over which Office Store apps can be installed. This woudl allow us to make avaialble a curated store of approved Outlook add-ins for thick clients and the Outlook mobile app(s)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Outlook add-in command button on calendar overview

It should be possible to add a button to the command ribbon for the calendar overview in outlook. The PrimaryCommandSurface extensionpoint doesn't seem to be supported in Outlook add-ins. Adding a button to the appointment edit window isn't enough, because I need to perform an action for the whole calendar.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pinnable Task Pane Support for Mac and OWA

The Pinnable Task Pane is a great piece of functionality, because as the user is navigating through their Inbox it is cumbersome to have to click a button to open an add-in for each email.

Support for this (at least as per the documentation) is limited only to Outlook 2016 for Windows.

This Idea captures the work to enable this functionality for both OWA and the Mac desktop client.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. eml

Currently it is possible to create a new message from an eml file with the createitem method. But in the api outlook / graph there is no equivalent. Is the feature in your roadmap?

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  EWS & Outlook APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Track changes

Hi,

This is for Word.

I would like to be abel to access track changes / revisions. Access the ranges apply an attribute. Be able to draw a special indicator over the range when that attribute is present. Could this be done with binding? This needs to be available through the javascript API or is there a way to do this with C++.

I would also like to add some controls to the ribbon, some buttons and popup menus. All from javascript API, or C++.

Kind regards.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Set data as Office Open XML supported for data in PowerPoint

It is currently possible to insert data using Office Open XML in Word. The ability to do this in other applications (especially PowerPoint) too would enable developers to insert videos, audio clips etc. in other applications than Word.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Shared APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Blank Right Hand Pane- Problem with Task Pane and web browser ActiveX control.

We are encountering an issue that we call the “Blank Right Hand Pane.” Alex on our team has created the attached Visual Studio Project and Problem description. The issue appears to be related to when “Optimize for best appearance” is selected.

This issue is impacting a large number of our customers.

We have attachments with details of the problem and description that have been emailed as can not attach here
    Word Adin project shows an example when WebBrowser control ActiveX is failing if “Optimize for best appearance” Is selected for user Interface.
    Result with “Optimize for compatibility”

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base