Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add connector using PowerShell

We would like to be able to add / remove connectors like the WebHook connector to Groups using Powershell.
    At the moment it seems only possible to enable/disable connectors.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Post how to incorporate Skype Lite communication functionality into Android apps

Provide Skype Lite URIs for Android apps similiar to skpe, for example, tapping a contact’s picture might start a Skype Lite audio call.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why theres on main box to purge all emails

Just like yall have main box in delete and spam to delete all.It should be one in the recovery and purge section too

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Out of scope  ·  38 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate a video player viewable by both parties in a skype video conversation.

A video player in which you can start local files that screens into the conversation and is therefore viewable by all parties in the conversation. The video would be streamed from one party to the other through the video player in order to enable simultaneous video viewing. I do realize both legal and heavy data-transfer issues, however the legal part should be fine seeming as you're not actually distributing any film, you're leaning more to the same end as you are with you "share screen" function.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Contacts Rest API v2.0 bug: Cannot post contact without GivenName

If you try to save/post contact that does not have a Given Name, the request fails. When using web GUI, Given Name can be omitted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a Connector for Clarizen

Would like to see a Connector set up for Clarizen, so we can create tabs in related Teams to quickly access the correct project in Clarizen.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't use Google Chrome print screens on Microsoft pages

I know this is probably not the best place for this request, but the site had no other feedback option. In this Site: https://dev.outlook.com/Connectors/ConnectButton

a Microsoft Site, the print screens appear to be using Chrome. Not the best way to "sell" Microsoft Products :/

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Out of scope  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a Connector for Mavenlink

Would like to see a Connector for Mavenlink, so we can create tabs in related Teams to quickly access the correct project in Mavenlink.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. is this the right place to ask about word add-in issues or just ideas?

is this the right place to ask about word add-in issues or just ideas?

I'm having issues trying to understand the code from a GitHub example posted by office-dev.

everywhere I've gone to ask questions I keep getting a brick wall with not answers and plenty of suggestions on how to ask questions but no answers.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show Meeting Attendees in Skype for Business

The Meetings tab in Skype for Business will show meetings for the day.

Why not add an option to see more information about the meeting such as attendees / invitees? I appreciate if the meeting was externally organised, this may not be possible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Connector for sharepoint list

A connector that displays the default view for the sharepoint list. This makes sense given that a sharepoint site underlies the team and groups.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Connectors should be able to post comments to existing conversations

We are using Outlook Groups and the Jira connector to send activity into a group, this works fine but every activity creates a new conversation.

I would like to see a way to specify a "conversation id" so that all further activity around that ticket is posted as a comment on that existing conversation.

This would reduce the clutter and "noise" of having so many conversations created for a single ticket as it goes through its life cycle.

I would also be nice to be able to have comments added to the conversation send via an outbound webhook back into…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Connector for project online

Seems crazy that the most popular connector is for a competing project management service

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Connector for VSTS

It would be nice if certain actions in VSTS, like Pull Requests, issue changes, and more could be tied into the Outlook Connectors for Inbox and Groups. There is already support for Github, but VSTS would be very nice.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Expand distribution list through makeEwsRequestAsync() method

When making makeEwsRequestAsync() to expand DL (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn629392%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 ) response return error "The requested web method is unavailable to this caller or application."
    Is it possible to add this operation to the list of supported EWS operations? (https://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/outlook/web-services )

Original thread for investigations: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/1e180b7a-9ca0-4934-803c-5a1b1ff8de1d/exchange-distribution-list-details-through-office-api

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Your API is more complicated than doing an IMAP request. -- Why would anyone be motivated to reprogram any existing logic?

I am having a hard time understanding why I would want to use these API. Initially I was under the idea.. "API !.. Sweet." They are typically very easy to work with, not only in terms of request parameters but in firewall rules on our network. This API has got to be some of the most complex token juggling I've ever seen. The current IMAP request is far more simple even when I have to include firewall rules on port "666". Why should I move any of my existing work to this API, and/or program any new solutions using it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Secure the EWS Protocol with Conditional Access

The EWS protocol ignores all security policies currently set aside from Exchange EWS whitelist/blacklist policies. These whitelists/blacklists generally don't work as intended in the majority of my testing and they also can easily break other Microsoft applications like Skype for Business. Secure the EWS protocol so employees won't be able to download all their email to unregistered devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Download files within task pane app

I'm a developer working on an Office JS task pane app in Word. Using the contents of the user's file my app generates a document as a pdf either a docx on my application's server. I would like to give the user the option to download this generated file directly from the task pane. I have tried to implement this using Javascript (linking to the document with window.location.href) but the behavior I have seen has been inconsistent across platforms and does not function well anywhere.
    On the Mac the pdf is downloaded and opened, but it takes the place of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your question. This is a forum for feature requests related to Office Extensibility Development. Due to the limitations of the UserVoice tool we cannot forward your request directly to another forum. Could you please go to StackOverflow and ask your question there? Please use the office-js tag when you post your question.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

20. Provide additional features around Exchange Permissions.

This request is multi-part:

• Provide a way to find what/where a particular user has access and to what permissions level, both for administrators and to the end user without a resource intensive powershell script (today's method).

• Provide a built-in Permissions Administrator RBAC role that limits the administrators ability to only manage permissions (Access and Sending Rights) to a user or group. Provide them with a limited ECP view. No access to content, just Rights Management.

• Provide a Permissions Troubleshooting tool via the Remote Connectivity Analyzer.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base