Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open the SharePoint Property Panel when you create a new Word doc from a SharePoint Online library. Currently it only display after saving.

Open the SharePoint Property Panel when you create a new Word doc from a SharePoint Online library. Currently it only displays after saving the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Separate the spelling differences between English(UK) and English(US)

Although people do understand both of them, in some formal situation, people need the exact spelling instead of mixing them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Edit object properties

It would be great if you'd allow to edit powerpoint oject properties. I want to e.g. set the font, color, background or spellcheck language from within my app on text boxes or the size/location of a selected object etc..

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add a Clipboard or Scrapbook feature back into Word for Mac.

I am a transcriptionist who often types long documents with several speakers' names in them. I need an easy way to collect a bunch of these names in a clipboard that I can easily move from the side of a document into the document. It was a great feature of older versions of Word. And I don't understand why it's not included in your product for Mac users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to insert add-in on multiple slides or slide master

Add an option to insert add-in on single slide or multiple slides. Current add-in can be added only in single slide.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update Fabric UI grid classes

The grid classes on the site (https://dev.office.com/fabric#/styles/layout) are as follows: ms-sm12
    They don't work, if you open the css file (https://static2.sharepointonline.com/files/fabric/office-ui-fabric-core/4.1.0/css/fabric.min.css), you find classes like ms-u-sm12.

Please update the documentation and add the "-u-".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PowerPoint 2016 Chart filter issue

PowerPoint chart filter shows "The linked file is not available" when the filter is clicked for the second time.

When troubleshooting the issue found out the cause as Excel VSTO Add-in which handles "ApplicationWorkbookOpen" Event in ThisAddin.vb. Even without any code in "ApplicationWorkbookOpen" causes this error. If I comment 'Application_WorkbookOpen' then it works fine.

This happens for other Workbook events as well.

Posted the same issue with a sample excel add-in in msdn fourm. Please go through for more information.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/7650df3d-3b60-4598-93ff-4730c945babb/powerpoint-2016-chart-filter-issue?forum=vsto

Our add-in is deployed for more that 5000 users globally. It will be great if this issue…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mailto URLs not working in Promoted Links

Until about 2 weeks ago, we were able to use Mailto: URLs in our SharePoint Online Promoted Links. Now they don't work. When in the list view, the links works fine when clicked on, when in the tile view, nothing happens when you click on the link.
    When looking at the source code, the "click action=" is empty.
    We have used this extensively for Contact Us pages. Is it a bug, or does SharePoint Online not longer support Mailto: from the Promoted Links Tiles view?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Office.beforeClose event

Many times, there's logic you want to execute before the user closes the add-in, such as persisting settings. Currently, there's no way to do that across Excel Desktop and Excel Web. Would be nice if there existed an Office.beforeClose method called before the page closed

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. please get to Iranian

Dear sir/I am a user of Internet services in Iran. Many user of Iranian work in home & want to getting your cash services but we do not know how to pay or charge costs to you .Because our government & banks are limited and the other hand often the amount is personal & small so /
    Can you design a method similar to international coupons or a charging move to direct users to pay for the requested service?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow add-in to block clicking certain links in the message

For some security-related add-ins, it is critical for the add-in to be able to detect when a user has clicked on a link in the body of a message. The add-in could then examine the URL to decide whether to let the action proceed or if it seems dangerous, the add-in could block the click and show an error message.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to programatically submitt to the Office Store / AppSource

Submitting multiple add-ins in many languages takes up some time, especially when you update the add-in frequently with new manifest files or new screenshots. We would like to include this step in our automated deployment process to increase quality and reduce time spent for updating our store registration especially as access to the store is limited to one personal login!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AppSource does not use the translations from the seller dashboard

It looks like AppSource, that replaced the Office Store, doesn't use the translations that we added to our Office Add-in in the Seller Dashboard. It always shows the description in English.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. capturing web contents and export the same to a new window

Currently office webkit browser could not open encrypted url.
    e.g. var dataUrl = document.getElementById('demoChart').toDataURL();
    window.open(dataUrl, "toDataURL() image", "width=600, height=200");

It throws error, " There is no application set to open the url.... "

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Insert images to SharePoint Survey

After so many SharePoint versions it is still not possible to add images to SharePoint survey questions. Most surveys I create require images that I have to implement with complex workaround coding...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. nederlands

Graag in het Nederlands.
    in Dutch

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Content Controls bound to custom xml not updated when opened on Word Online

We have plain text content controls bound to custom xml. When opening on Word Online the bound content controls should get their data from custom xml. We tried to work around this by using GetOOXml() to get the document's open xml, then update the values on server side, then use InsertOoXml() to insert the updated open xml. But it seems that InsertOoxml() does not support content controls yet.

I hope either of these two features that we need get supported soon. 1. Update text of bound content controls when opened on Word Online.

1. InsertOoxml() support updating content controls.

Thanks,
    Rainier…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I couldn't to send or receive messages all day long.

What's happening with hotmail? Neither me or my friend were able to send or receive messages all day long! This is rather annoying, does anyone know what's up and when the error will be eliminated, at last?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Binding in power point like word and excel

Hi All...There should be a office js API to add binding and get all binding in power point like word and excel.So that we can insert content from our addin widget into a binding.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base