Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to programatically submitt to the Office Store / AppSource

Submitting multiple add-ins in many languages takes up some time, especially when you update the add-in frequently with new manifest files or new screenshots. We would like to include this step in our automated deployment process to increase quality and reduce time spent for updating our store registration especially as access to the store is limited to one personal login!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AppSource does not use the translations from the seller dashboard

It looks like AppSource, that replaced the Office Store, doesn't use the translations that we added to our Office Add-in in the Seller Dashboard. It always shows the description in English.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. capturing web contents and export the same to a new window

Currently office webkit browser could not open encrypted url.
    e.g. var dataUrl = document.getElementById('demoChart').toDataURL();
    window.open(dataUrl, "toDataURL() image", "width=600, height=200");

It throws error, " There is no application set to open the url.... "

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Insert images to SharePoint Survey

After so many SharePoint versions it is still not possible to add images to SharePoint survey questions. Most surveys I create require images that I have to implement with complex workaround coding...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. nederlands

Graag in het Nederlands.
    in Dutch

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Content Controls bound to custom xml not updated when opened on Word Online

We have plain text content controls bound to custom xml. When opening on Word Online the bound content controls should get their data from custom xml. We tried to work around this by using GetOOXml() to get the document's open xml, then update the values on server side, then use InsertOoXml() to insert the updated open xml. But it seems that InsertOoxml() does not support content controls yet.

I hope either of these two features that we need get supported soon. 1. Update text of bound content controls when opened on Word Online.

1. InsertOoxml() support updating content controls.

Thanks,
    Rainier…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I couldn't to send or receive messages all day long.

What's happening with hotmail? Neither me or my friend were able to send or receive messages all day long! This is rather annoying, does anyone know what's up and when the error will be eliminated, at last?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Binding in power point like word and excel

Hi All...There should be a office js API to add binding and get all binding in power point like word and excel.So that we can insert content from our addin widget into a binding.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disclose a public OfficeJs bug tracker

Right now add in developers have no clue what bugs exist, what the status of bugs is because there is no such thing as an OfficeJs bug tracker. Why isn't there? it seems super obvious to have?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multilingual Financial Terminology Database (Termbase)

Your translation feature in Excel needs to be much more comprehensive in both terminology included and languages covered. LinguaFin (www.linguafin.com) is the most complete multilingual financial termbase available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. GET Imported images Outlook add-ins

Its possible to GET or extract and imported image from the Outlook Body through Outlook add-ins ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ChakraCore or electron Add-in

Use ChakraCore, or anything like electron-based inside office Add-in.
    Move on, use open source.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The search function for subfolders is required

Hi , I am using Oulook 2013 and have 100+ subfolders, each with different names.
    Now, when i want to locate a particular subfolder, I need to scroll through each one of them to find the subfolder i want.
    So, if there was a search function, I could easily locate my subfolder & this would make my life easier, instead of scrolling throught all the subfolders to find the right one i need.
    Please help and advise.!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable the automatic creation of Calculated Columns in Excel

We have a use case in an Office.js TaskPane app, to have tables that have different formulas on each row of the table. If we write the formulas to the table, each column ends up with the last formula that was written to that column.

The only workaround we've found to this was to first convert the table range (calling Table.convertToRange()), set Range.formulas properties of the target cells and again construct the table with workbook.tables.add(range).

Since the back and forth conversion between Table and Range is inefficient, error-prone and visually disturbing, it would be great if there was an API…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow buttons to be clickable in presentation mode

During the slide show (presentation mode), it would be great if the user was able to click buttons. This worked until some weeks ago, but now I am not able to click buttons during presentations on my Laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad E540). The presentation will just jump to the next slide, thus the app is not focused. But this still works on my colleague's laptop (Asus Vivobook S400C).

Is this an intended change or will users be able to click buttons in PowerPoint content apps in the future?

Lenovo Laptop PowerPoint Version: 16.0.7726.1042 (64 Bit)
    Asus Laptop Powerpoint Version: 16.0.8201.2102 (32…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Extend the concept of content contols from Word to other Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint.

I am a member of an open source software development project (https://dotnetfoundation.org/chemistry-add-in-for-word) and we use content controls in Word to display chemical structures. It would be extremely useful for the scientific user community to be able to have the same functionality in the other Office applications. Any chance that content controls might find their way into at least PowerPoint and Excel?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow (preferred) positioning (e.g., top,bottom) and size of pane to be defined via API

I would like to use the horizontal space right below the ribbons for an add-in. Right now the use can drag to left and right parts of the window. Top and bottom could really help with UX in my case.

The API should also allow to pin the pane to a position so it can't me moved by the user but e.g. resized in width (vertical pane) or height (horizontal position)

Defining size requirements height/width should also be possible as fixed value or min/max.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Office js : Please, add Start and End properties to Range object.

Please, add Start and End properties to Office js Range object, like in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.interop.word.range_members.aspx.
    I need it as soon as possible.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. global keyboard hook does not work in word 2016 . why? how can i make it work ?

down vote
    favorite

I'm trying to write an add-in for word using VSTO to get the keydown event and identify it .then if the key was shift+( then replace ( with () and put the cursor in the middle of them so that the user will be able to write in the middle after opening parenthesis .

The code i found works fine in word 2010 and 2007 but in higher versions you have to open the onscreen keyboard to make it work .
    I'm looking for a way to make it work .

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base