Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need API support to add to and cc people in displayReplyAllForm

The to and cc properties are not currently supported by displayReplyForm or displayReplyAllForm methods at this time. provide API support to help us add additional people

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Excel Professional 2013 DOESN'T always SORT correctly

An add-in is not necessary.

What IS NECESSARY is for the Excel Developers to FIX Excel 2013 Professional so that it sorts correctly.

I've reported previously that when sorting colums, Excel does no sort items correctly:

Take for example, :

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Token from getCallbackTokenAsync() is broken for single Appointment Occurrence

The GetItem request fails with error "Data is corrupt., Store ID isn't an ID of a folder, item or mailbox.", if you use the token resulting from getCallbackTokenAsync() to request the appointment occurence.

The same request works if you use the makeEwsRequestAsync() method, but this is unacceptable, as it is far more cumbersome to work with the response. I want to use the EWS manage API on an ASP.NET MVC server.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How to count Chinese characters and Korean words

How to count
    Chinese characters and Korean words

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Office Add-ins to be persistent - to stay open as you move from document to document...

A productivity taskpane/add-in, by definition, is a often a tool a user would use on every document.

The current implementation requires a user go to the add-in Ribbon, click a button etc.

Ideally a user setting would allow an Add-in to stay open all the time.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Separate Sidebar scroll from Main Window scroll

On the Office Fabric homepage (http://dev.office.com/fabric#/), I think it would be easier to read the documentation if the main window scrolled separate from the sidebar view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Level types of List

I use JavaScript SDK for Office Add-ins to create an application for Word. You know we can use list object (https://dev.office.com/reference/add-ins/word/list) to make numeration for Paragraph, but I would like to use cross-link for that scenario. If the number of a paragraph was changed cross-link also has to be changed. Is it working scenario in the current edition of SDK?
    Also, I can't change the level type of list when I try to create a new one from Paragraph. By default level type is Bullet. Any methods or properties to change.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. automated forms documents

i work for a big education organization and received a request from the teachers about functionality they are using in google docs:
    - prepare a document template, being a form with some questions. is it an exam, survey, or an application form.
    - share the document with word online, so the students may edit the document, give answers, fill the gaps etc. but it is not THE document - it's the difference between 'document' and 'template' - each time new user access the temple, a new instance is created
    - on the end, the document is not saved, but there…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add tool-tip in Word API

I want to show a tooltip when the user hover on selected keyword/phrase/text in the Word document using Word JS API from the add-in. This feature is available in Word using hyperlink and inserting ScreenTip.

Please add this feature in Word JS API.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Trigger Presentation Mode in PowerPoint

Add functionality to trigger the presentation from within a taskpane add-in.
    Add the following function to the library: Document.setActiveViewAsync
    Having F5 reload the add-in is rather useless.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. inbuilt application to chat over local area network(provided both are windows pc)

An application which would be available on both windows pc and users connected to the same network can chat locally on the network(more like whatsapp of windows ).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Naked floating command bar

It's not my idea. It's actually your idea. Please give us a way to replicate the genius of Word's mini toolbar. You know, the one that:

...pops up every time a certain event occurs (e.g., up text selection)

...dynamically changes location (e.g., at the insertion point)

...is buck naked. no title bar. no border. just a bunch of little icons in their birthday suits,

...that you didn't know you needed, but now can't live without.

Or it would be nice if we could just get rid of the title bar when calling a window form the dialog API, or remove…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. make Word Automation Services Open Source

Please make Office Automation Service Open Source product give us ability to convert document to DOCX and work with them via Open XML SDK.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Avoid closing Word Online browser tab, while saving is not finished

It would be great to avoid tab to be closed by user when saving of the "office-online document" is not finished.
    For example by prompting a "confirm" message "Your document is not allready saved, do you really want to close this tab without saving last modifications ?"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a close button to newly created tab by add-in

Add a close button to the tabs or some way to close the tabs by add-in, so that user can end the current session/logout and move for another without mess with previous application.

Thanks
    Abhijit

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add an event for data binding among taskpane and ribbon button functionalities

Create an event so that modification in a dialogue window can update the task pane and perform as a single page application to perform two way data-binding as in angular js.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Access shared content for OneNote

I am integrating OneNote in my application. Using https://www.onenote.com/api/v1.0/me/notes/notebooks api I am able to fetch all the notebooks that belonged to a particular user. Let's say a user A has 5 notebooks of his own and 2 shared notebooks. Let's say NoteBook6 is shared by user which is part of organization same A. And NoteBook7 is shared by external user.

In my application I want to access all these 7 notebooks which user can access. I tried this using MS Graph API as well as OneNote api but I am able to access only 5 notebooks owned by the user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Programmatic Focus range from task pane command

Allow js commands to focus cells for user input
    maybe range.focus();
    to allow user to write into cell after function has run without having to click the cell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync always generates meeting requests for calendar items

When using a Mail Add-in in OWA it is possible to save a calendar item using the Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync method in the Office JavaScript API. If the calendar item contains attendees then all of these attendees receive meeting requests each time the Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync method is called.

To get the ItemId for a calendar item you have to call Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync method. So if you want to access the calendar item through EWS there is no option but to call Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync to save the item. And this call will generate meeting requests to the attendees.

Would it be possible to add an extra…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Photo Editing

Microsoft is no doubt a powerhouse in many different areas surrounding our businesses and personal lives. Keeping us organized and streamlining our daily tasks. How about Photo Editing. How many of us have photo editing apps on our tablets and phones?!

I think Microsoft should concentrate on giving Photoshop, Elements and Lightroom some serious competition. Elements is to complicated without some kind of class to help you along the way. So, Microsoft give us an easy to use powerhouse photo editing product!! :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base