Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add vsto project from list of project references to testproject

I started to employ the MVVM pattern for Word templates and other office addins. This implies that I want to use unit tests. It would be great if VS2012 and VS2013 would show the VSTO projects in the list of projects when adding references to test projects.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sanely allow Apps for Office deployment to a local computer

Developing my first App for Office (specifically Excel) was an experience I found to be unnecessarily difficult. The Trusted App Catalogs user interface in Excel:

File -> Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings... -> Trusted App Catalogs

Is a giant mess. There's no browse button - just a field to punch in a string that has to be formatted a specific way and only allows network shares and SharePoint remote servers. First off, I was expecting to see a checkbox to "Allow manifest files from untrusted locations" that would then open up a way to select a XML…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix issues with trial to paid transition for office apps users (users locked in trial mode after buying apps)

We keep getting reports and complaints from users that buy our apps but seem to be locked in trial mode. Receiving 1/2 reports a day. We checked that we are receiving trial tokens in the app, but users confirm that they bought the apps. Some are able to reset somehow, but most can't.

This error is also described here (see first review by Rod):
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/mini-calendar-and-date-picker-WA102957665.aspx

Other recent feedback from user:

"I tried all the usual suspects. Reloaded excel. Refreshed apps in excel. Attempted to repurchase through excel to see if it would kick in. Restarted the computer."

"If my memory…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customisable App Catalog User Experience/UI

Allow the app catalog user experience and UI to be customised. The API at the moment doesn't allow enough information about the available apps for anything to be built up around a bespoke marketplace site.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add selected item information to query string also when opening app via Ribbon

When you open an app via Ribbon button no information is given about currently selected items.

In one scenario we needed a prominent button in the Ribbon to open an app that processes the currently selected item(s). Unfortunately this is not possible. You have to use a context menu action on an item to open the app and work on this item.

This information also needs to be available OOB to apps opened via Ribbon action.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update Visual Studio Development Tools for Office 2013 SP1 and OpenXML SDK

As Microsoft has released SP1 for Office 2013, which includes some important features included like content app support in PowerPoint, But the Office development tools are not yet updated and also OpenXML is also not updated yet. I would suggest to update both these tools.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. VBA method for launching an app programmatically

For a better integration of apps into the software, it would be nice to be able to launch a specific app programmatically from a macro.

It could also allow for a better interactivity by displaying a specific content or task pane app based on specific events, such as clicking on a shape button, or via a keyboard shortcut, etc...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Office Apps for all Clients Applications

I saw a lot of devs and customers being confused caused by the point that Apps are not available across all Office client applications. Especially OneNote would be a great benefit. OneNote is one of the best Apps I've ever used. Can't imagine my daily business without OneNote. We've collected several ideas which would enhance OneNote even more and make customer more productive.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Favorites Apps for Office

Make possible to add an App to the list of Favorites Apps. Favorites Aps should be available on the Home ribbon tab and/or available from the Quick Access Toolbar.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. VBA Style Embedded IDE in Office

One thing that I miss a lot is to have the ability to write .Net code for Excel with the simplicity of the VBA editor. VSTO is great for IT professionals but impractical for most advanced Excel users as most users are not privileged to install applications directly in large companies (so distributing an excel based model internally is impossible, and non-advanced users would not touch a spreadsheet which is too complicated to set up).

The way VBA works is brillant, we have a single self contained spreadsheet that requires no installation, has no dependencies, and for which creating user-defined…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. exhibit linked slide on hyperlinks

when on presentation mode - hovering over a hyperlinked item should display the linked slide/file in small and mute to the man presenting.
    sometimes in complicated and long presentations, it is very much needed to see where the links on the slide presented/next slide takes us!! it is useful and reassuring in case of forgetting or trying to decide whether to hop or not to the linked slide/file

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. exhibit linked slide on hyperlinks

when on presentation mode - hovering over a hyperlinked item should display the linked slide/file in small and mute to the man presenting.
    sometimes in complicated and long presentations, it is very much needed to see where the links on the slide presented/next slide takes us!! it is useful and reassuring in case of forgetting or trying to decide whether to hop or not to the linked slide/file

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 48 49 50 52 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base