Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Microsoft, Android Os, Chrome Os, Sprint, Boost Mobile, LG, Motorola LLC to combine knowledge

I want to ask permission from all of these Companies to combine their knowledge together to put on a laptop just like my acer laptop, because it has a window 7 now it is running on Windows 10...it has a at least 300GB storage, 11 channel of network such as wifi connection, it has the capability to communicate to any unknown IP addresse because it has "null" inside somehow along the line. But what really bothers me is when anyone would dare to put their fingers right on my acer laptop like to change everything around. Com'on I don't even…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How Attachments names are displayed in the Mail Composer Window, Why Did It Have To Change?

Hey, There's been a change in the latest Outlook for Mac and the Attachment appears in name truncated box in the Window vice how it used to be displayed with it's entire name. This makes it difficult to see names of long named files in the Window, a real inconvenience for me. I really hope you can make this as an option and remove the new hard coded display method.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Method to Word API to Detect Review State (original, final, balloons, inline, etc.)

We need a method to expose the current review state in word. Currently inline deleted track changes are impossible to detect via the api. If these are switched to not show or set to balloon then the API reports the paragraph text differently.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add DITA to MS word

DITA is largely used authoring structure today. Can you please include DITA direct plugin in word. just like other authoring tools support DITA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a feature to allow a User & Admin to view their open sessions and logged in apps, with the option to force log-out

To significantly improve security, we need a feature that would allow a user to view their open sessions (and logged in apps), and to select and force log-out of any they are concerned about.

The same feature is needed for Admin's - but in their case they should be able to see the same for all users.

A user may lose a device, forgot to log-out when using another person's laptop etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It will be great if you could add number of downloads in Office Store for an App so that end users can understand the popularity of the app

It will be great if you could add number of downloads in the Office Store for an App so that end users can understand the popularity of the app ?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Insert hyperlink into Excel in Apps for Office

Make it possible to insert hyperlink into Excel

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mikhail, thanks for your feedback! This is a very popular feature. This feature is now available as public preview. Please check out the open spec docs at this location to get more details: https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js-docs/blob/ExcelJs_OpenSpec/reference/excel/range.md

Additionally, you can try out the new API features by using the built-in code snippets that are available in Script Lab https://github.com/OfficeDev/script-lab/blob/master/README.md. In Script Lab, you’ll find samples that use preview APIs listed in the Preview APIs category:

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Thanks! 
    Office Extensibility Team 

8. setSelectedDataAsync with data type “HTML” and “Office Open XML” in Excel

Make it possible to use setSelectedDataAsync with data type “HTML” and “Office Open XML” in Excel.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please remove this content completly from my computer I am not a developer

please delete I do not have a need nor knowledge to use it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More advanced comments&reviews system in O365 Store

Currently Office365 Store allows anonymous comments on the product site, which could destroy opinion about each app by haters, trolls and competitors. It makes O365 Store unreliable platform for selling software. Each comment should have mandatory first name, last name, organization name, when app as used etc. You can check Capterra (capterra.com) or GetApp (getapp.com) to see how the comment system should look like.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Access Sharepoint Sites with Excel Android App

We have user's who use Android Mobiles and are wanting to access the different SharePoint sites/folders and libraries within the Excel App, but are given very limited access to each of them. However, this is not a problem for Apple devices.

Can something be done to improve the functionality of the excel app for Android users, which can already be seen with Apple devices?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. will you stop fucking about please

will you test your modifications before giving us the shits

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I do not like the Forum and other set up on my email. Please change back the way it was. Thanks

Do not like the new Forum and other set up. Please change back. Also before a change is made can the user be notified and have the choice.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Upgrade Hotmail so that I can receive messages on firefox

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add full citation/resources features just like windows version where we can click on "Show All Bibliography Fields" and add more details

Mac version of word (2016) has limited fields for each source type in the references, unlike the windows version, like that "Show All Bibliography Fields" checkbox. I'd like to see those features being available for Mac.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have a chart that defines the parts of the Word interface

Have a chart that shows the interface and labels all the parts. For example, you refer to the "ribbon." Show me a picture and label it "Ribbon." Directions refer to all sorts of parts of the interface, but there's no place to see a PICTURE of the interface with labels about what the parts are. There's a style manual for the parts of the Windows interface, but nothing that defines the parts of the Word interface. Likewise, for all the other programs in the Office suite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a dropdown list that adds Windows

Add an item to this feedback dropdown list that let's us talk about WINDOWS, not just the Office programs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PowerPoint Add-in Instance Id

I would like to have a way of identifying Add-in instances once they are inserted in the document.

My addin adds a picture in the selected part of a PowerPoint document. At the same time I also add some persistent data using Office.context.document.settings.set

Is there a way to specify the name of the picture within powerpoint?
    When I unzip the pptx I see that my persistent data is on the webextensions.xml but when I look at inside the slide folder, for instance slides1.xml all I see is the pictures but I dont have a way to associate the pictures from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. activation rule based on custom property

Now it is not possible to have an OL Add-In Activation rule point to a custom property of the mail item. It would be great if we can define a rule based on a custom property of an item. This is useful in enterprise scenarios where mails are forwarded to externals systems. Setting a custom property on the mail which was forwarded to the backend system will allow to connect the backend system with OL Addin

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base