Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Connect the 'Limit availability to specific users' to a dynamic distribution group

Currently the only option to limit the availability for an Outlook Add-in I found is this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj943757(v=exchg.150).aspx
    But this PS takes actually a copy of the users in the distribution list. When people leave or enter a company and get included in the distribution list then they don't get the Add-In and the script must be executed again.

Please extend this or provide another easier (no lets run a script every day) way to limit the availability to specific users.

Thanks,

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. provide a facility to make accurate SQUARE cells in Excel to make simple plan drawings

I make lots of plan drawings of area layouts using Excel, but it is difficult to resolve the Width/Height ratio because a square cell is impossible to create (I've tried pixels columns & rows, it doesn't work, the aspect resolution is approximately 1.12: 1). A square cell creation facility would be great. There's a guy in Canada whose created a macro for this and it works, and is very useful. Why not make this a standard feature "Create Squares"?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Websites on Outlook.com Contacts REST API are inconsistent/bugged

The REST API for Outlook.com contacts features a business website field, yet the web GUI for contacts only has a personal website field.

I cannot find information on the latter in the API specification, and therefore cannot set it through the API, yet the company website can be set, but does not show up or is available on the web GUI.

Please fix up both endpoints (API and web GUI) to support both fields, or decide on one of the two and stick with it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make the adresses copyable

I sent an e-mail to many people using hidden copy option. When I want to send the same people an e-mail again, using hidden copy again. There is no intelligent way to do it. I simply cannot copy the e-mail adresses and paste them into the right box, because you cannot choose more than one adress at a time.
    It is beyond my comprehension why I just cannot copy a bunch of e-mail adresses. It is just a text. SO STUPID!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Office js API setDataAsync not working as suggested in Document

Hi,
    I am devloping a word add in which has usecase to insert Rich Text Format in Binding.My Binding Type is 'Text' and i have also set coercionType as 'Html' still it is not replacing in binding.My host application is word online.Whereas,this is working in word desktop application.But i want it in word online.
    Please suggest .
    Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix issue with Office.context.document.settings.saveAsync on Excel Web

I created an office 365 add in for Word, Excel and Power Point. I am able to do Office.context.document.settings.set('key', value) then call Office.context.document.settings.saveAsync(callback) and the state will be saved next time I open the document. But with excel these settings never seem to persist, and it seems to be a bug specific to excel. There are no errors returned just doesn't persist.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to determine Current Edit/View only Mode in Excel Online (High Priority)

This is less an idea than a serious bug - it applies mainly to Excel Online.

I am writing a Taskpane add-in for Excel using Javascript and the OfficeJS API. While on the Excel Online platform, I am trying to figure out how to tell what mode the workbook document is in (i.e. view-only or editing). I ran in to this because when I first open an Excel spreadsheet in the online browser, it is in read/view-only mode:

If you try and edit a worksheet "manually" by clicking on a cell and typing, it won't let you (the appropriate behavior).…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Managed add-ins - activate and prevent users from disabling add-ins

There are certain add-ins in large corporate environments that need to be enabled by default, and, for regulatory compliance reasons shouldn't be disabled.

I can see that deployment of the apps can be achieved through the Admin Centre Preview - it would be good from a deployment and automation perspective if administrators could "roll out" apps across their enterprise, knowing that they will be activated automatically and couldn't be disabled unless the administrator allowed this via policy.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cannot access to Microsoft Teams Developer Preview Interest Form

I tried to access "Microsoft Teams Developer Preview Interest Form" at

https://dev.office.com/microsoft-teams/gallery-submission

It shows "You don’t have permission to view this form". Is there any help?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add move function on Office.context.mailbox. item

My customer want to develop a outlook add-in can move the mailbox item from one place to another to function as the archiving feature.

Currently the Office.context.mailbox. item do not have this function available.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Office Fabric JS is lacking compared to Office Fabric React

ms-Button--command is not available in JS (although it was in previous versions)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support MathML in insertHtml

If you paste well formed MathML as text, Words inserts and renders it correctly.
    It would be nice if the same could be done programatically via insertHtml: unfortunately at this point formulae are inserted incompletely and without formatting; this looks like a bug actually

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Customized text border

Please add the option/functionality to convert a text string into a customized border. Would be useful in Power Point as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow an option for network access from macros for Mac Excel 2016

I can run a network utility from a container in Mac Excel 2011 to retrieve data for formatting within Excel. In Excel 2016 for Mac, the container model does not permit me to do that. Can there (or is there?) not be a switch that can be set by an admin?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Using REST var response on outlook e-mail body

Would be interesting to have for instance:

Writing the given e-mail below:

Hi {personName},

We have {countResponseTakedFromApiResponse} today.

Regards
    Mr Something...

The main idea is using the REST response vars on body E-mail, which in some cases would be very interesting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why is the Office UI Fabric icon set incomplete??

Missing Skype/Skype For Business icons... amongst others... Seriously, how hard is it for you to maintain this resource?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Office.js api to save documents as read only

I posted this question @ http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39919312/office-js-saving-word-document-as-read-only

And got the answer that it's not currently possible.

Basically my problem is that I would like the word document to match what the pdf is like in our service. It could get confusing for the user if he thinks he can add text to the word document since it will NOT get updated at our end.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix Chart.getImage() output

Hi,
    I am experiencing issues with the Chart.getImage() method in a Excel javascript add-in.
    The method defaults by outputing an image almost two times too large for the chart which is located at the top-left corner and the rest is being filled with transparency.
    Things do not get better when specifying the width, height and filling method to getImage : "Fit" and "FitAndCenter" do not really fit (same as with the default), and "Fill" doesn't fill at all, it looks very close to "Fit" but with different output dimensions (the chart aspect ratio is kept).
    I am running Excel 16.0.6965.2117…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base