Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. customizable suite bar in outlook web app

It is possible to add custom links to the suite bar by using the admin site. Provide an ability to your third party developers to programmatically customize the suite bar of outlook web app. While it is possible in desktop app, I cant seem to find a way to do so in outlook web app

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to edit links to inserted files programatically in OneNote

It would be nice to be able to modify the "pathCache" or "pathSource" attribute to inserted files entries in the OneNote API. This would be useful for writing code that preserves links in existing OneNote notebooks when underlying files that can't be embedded are moved.

I understand that there are security concerns here, however perhaps a checksum could be recorded and associated with the files at insertion and validated for a new target at runtime.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add property that automatically contains the name of the control that fires the event

Sometimes I could write a single Sub or Function, if I could only get the name of the object that fired the current event. I could of course, create my own global variable and set it inside the myObject_Click event to "myObject", but it would be nice to just have a properties (like CurrentObject and CurrentEvent that would automatically contain those values.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Автоматически скрывать ленту, по аналогии с автоматическим скрытия панель задач

Если microsoft word, в верхнем правом углу во вкладке параметры отображения лента выбрать - автоматически скрывать ленту, то лента скроется в верхней части экрана. Для того чтобы она появилась, нужно навести курсор мыши в верхнюю область экрана и кликнуть левой кнопкой мыши. Предлагаю рассмотреть способ появлении лента в указанном режиме, без клика мыши. То есть при наведении курсора мыши в верхнюю область экрана, лента будет появляться без клика мыши, по аналогии так выезжает панель задач в windows если установить галочку на: автоматически скрывать панель задач windows. Например при работе на маленьком мониторе я её скрываю, однако для её появления постоянно…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. refer to greasemonkey/tampermonkey for simplification

Regarding to development process and framework of Office Addin JS, there are lots of unnecessary steps which make it complicated. Is it possible that Office Dev team refer to the greasemonkey/tampermonkey which extend browser functionality easily.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Feature Proposal for Outlook - Dynamic mail address list

I would like to propose a new Outlook feature named „dynamic mail address list”.

Background:
    Many companies and other communities are using a mail based communication approach e.g. to coordinate project related tasks.
    Mail address lists are typically defined statically and include many receiver addresses.
    A specific mail for a dedicated subject is then distributed to a large number of mail addresses but many receivers of the mail are not interested in this specific subject. Subsequent mails for the subject are always distributed to all mail addresses again. Checking mails is in general getting more and more inefficient for individual…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Different SaveAs Type functionality in Office.js

Office.js should have different saveAs type functionality e.g word xml 203, odt etc.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve VBA IDE: Find Box sizeable (Ctrl-F)

I think the Find Box (Ctrl-F) and Find/Replace Box (Ctrl-H) should be rezieable. That is, the user should be able to drag the box borders to resize it.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Color reading box

I suggest coloring the reading box, where there are email addresses, with the same color as the function bar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How would i add a new customized ribbon on word and map my developed add-in

How would i add a new customized ribbon on word and map my developed add-in

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Alert users when navigating away from an email with app open

There should be an option to alert the user when navigating away from an email without actions being completed in an addin.

We face issues where users are saving their email through our app, and they continue on to the next email before the execution is done.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improved native reference control while using Bindings.addFromPromptAsync

Currently when we use Bindings.addFromPromptAsync to use it as a cell reference picker which supports ANCHORING we face two issues:

1) There is NO way how to get the range address directly (you have to find the Binding from the ID and there you can call binding.getRange() method!).

2) The returned address from the binding.getRange() (as shown above) IGNORES the anchors used in the native dialog!

My suggestion is to add a way to the Bindings.addFromPromptAsync to return the cell address really shown in the native dialog (i.e. it would support anchors like $A1, A$1, $A$1)! It could be as…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. flag detecting if attachment exits in compose mode.

We don't need to know the details of the attachments but only a flag that indicates that the item in compose, user has added an attachment.

Office.context.mailbox.item.attachments is only supported in Read mode for performance reason, but can we have a only a flag exposed to tag compose item of attachment existence?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to retrieve BCC on own e-mails in read-mode (sent folder)

We would like to be able to retrieve the recipients in the BCC field of an e-mail which was sent by the user himself (aka the e-mail is in the sent folder and in read-mode).

Currently BCC can only be retrieved when the e-mail is in compose mode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to stop at each event function

Often, when troubleshooting a problem, I need to see the order of event procedure calls, when there are multiple controls triggering events, and you're wanting to see if some control's event is being called before the form's such and such event. Often I go in and put breakpoints in all the events. It would be great to just set an option that has Access stop at the top of each event procedure, so it can be reviewed.

Alternatively, a log of event procedure calls that can be reviewed for troubleshooting problems would be great. And an added bonus would be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Choose an Outlook email that you sent & add more information where the update attaches itself to the original email in the received inbox.

Choose an Outlook email that you have already sent & add more recent information where the update message attaches itself to the original email in the receiving persons inbox.
    Often, I'm asking someone to do something by email to only get more up to date information later that changes the request. I then send another email, but they may have actioned the first email already.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide an event to be alerted when a file is open or close.

The Word add-in we are developing is providing contextual information about the document. Currently there is no way to detect a new file is open or the current document is closed that would allow to reset the context of the add-in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Excel-JS: Set Range format to the format of a different range

A frequent scenario when creating reports is to create in advance ranges containing things like header, detail and totals formats somewhere and then when creating the report (which may have a variable number of columns and detail lines etc) use the predefined range formats to set the report formats using the stored range formats.
    Its difficult to do this copying entire sheets or trying to set all the imdividual formats of a cell by trial and error using code.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. VBA: Support for IN statements

I would like to see the VBA environment support in statements.
    E.g.:
    If X in (1,5,7)
    or
    If Y in ("Open","Ready")

I know we can use case statements, but sometimes the code can become a lot more concise with an In statement.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base