Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I am concerned with needing to est Various information before signing In password enable site?

I think we should not provide information which always est needed info, either by word or by voice, I am capable of providing info to password based api but not thinking necessary!.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A Fix for the Outlook Add-in manifest template

I found a problem with the Outlook Add-Ins manifest in Visual Studio. Please read this thread:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appsforoffice/thread/214ad336-a373-4c5b-852d-3fd735b6c560/
    It is related to the Manifest designer not opening when the VersionOverrides statement at top of the XML file is in place.
    Removing the line makes the manifest designer to open, but if in place, the manifest always opens in test mode.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Appointment view pane

When opening an appointment in view mode, the right pane does not show the Add-Ins for Read, even if we designed it. It should act the same as in the mailbox read pane.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support for get active worksheet as file in excel online office 365

How to get active worksheet as file in excel online office 365?

For getting whole file or document we are able to do it using Office.context.document.getFileAsync() but i wanted to get worksheet as file using office API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Modified VBA to Find Text in a TextBox

The example code at link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff845519%28v=office.14%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 does not work properly with TextBoxes containing multiline property and line feeds because SelText ignores Chr(10) whereas Value does not ignore them and it results in highlighting the incorrect text (Out by number of Chr(10) characters in the text.)

The following modified code works correctly with multiline TextBoxes containing Chr(10) characters because it does not mix the use of SelText and Value (Uses only SelText)

Private Sub btnFindText_Click()

'This code initializes SelStart from zero to the length of the Text (or Value)

'SelText can then be searched for the string
    Dim lngPosition As Long

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable recalculation in JavaScript API at worksheet-level, workbook-level and range-level

At the moment, we could recalculate all currently open workbooks in JavaScript API. It would be necessary to be able to trigger recalculation at worksheet-level, workbook-level and range-level.

For a comparison, all the recalculation mentioned above are possible in Excel COM (VBA & .NET).

Formulas are the essence to make an Excel a "program" rather than a database. Recalculation of formulas is how an Excel as a program executes. It is necessary to give developers have more control of these essences of Excel.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatically open a mail from spam folder if I select the secure mail option.

Currently, selecting the "one time, it is a secure mail" the site displays a message to choose if I want to open the mail. It should automatically open if i already indicates that it´s a secure mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow add-in to use user's authorizations

An add-in that has been installed, and approved should not have to initiate another oauth flow to have access to documents on a sharepoint site, onedrive site, onedrive for business site,etc.
    The API should make this readily available when the user is logged in, and has already granted permissions to the add-in itself.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make a user friendly product that will continue to grow in symbiotic interaction with each unique consumer's needs, instead of a 3 year life

I understand the designed obsolescence concept of marketing, but after a while, I get tired of having to compete with highly paid Microsoft programmers while I have had no computer program training since Fortran in 1975. Yeah, Keypunch. I got a D.... ! but I have worked on mainframe IRS, and SSA, and state agency programs. letter and number perfect. and can keep up with the fluid operators with better company paid toys than I have to work with living on a disability income source. It is a big sandbox, I only have one marble! :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automate Task Pane Insertion into Excel

Excel Addin
    I want to insert the task Pane Addin into my excel file using Powershell script.
    We deploy add-in in SharePoint catalog and then manually insert into excel files.
    This is preventing use from getting into automated deployment.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. provide password protection for excel and word

Please provide password protection for excel and word , we have already protection of excel without protection

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. MVA courses on Office development

It would be a good idea to categorize the courses to reflect the new features and add notes on older courses that differ from the actuality of the new developments around Office Add-Ins and Apps. Many courses still show Visual Studio 2013 and the old way to build Add-Ins for Outllook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add ability to refresh a chart from Javascript

Sometimes a chart connected to a table is not refreshed on all table changes. For sample if I delete and add rows to a table, the chart is refreshed, but after calling table.reapplyFilters() it is not.
    Please, add ability to refresh a chart on demand.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow merged cells to grow. (wrap text)

Need the ability to have a top section with more columns than the bottom section. Merging cells doesn't work if you want a cell to be able to get taller (Wrap text).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update Office.js on NuGet

Been working with Excel and have been notified over the past several weeks, requests I made were updated however the last time Nuget.org was updated was 11/5/2015. Is there some other way I should be updating the Office.js scripts in my VS project? I know this isn't a suggestion but hopefully someone can comment and I can remove this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)