Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Issue: getOffice365GroupsActivityDetail missing GroupGuid and reporting misleading information.

Issue: getOffice365GroupsActivityDetail missing GroupGuid and reporting misleading information.

This happens even in the portal. If there are multiple groups with same Display Name, it's impossible to discern between them. Can you please add Group Guid in Graph Reporting API?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/reportroot-getoffice365groupsactivitydetail?view=graph-rest-1.0

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Webhook email send notification

I need to store DateTimeSend of the email message that is sent via my app. Currently, I send mail, wait few seconds and then I check if the email with specific extended property exists in SentItems folder. This works fine but is slowing down the whole process, because I must wait before I check. I'd like to use notifications (webhooks) to remove the check from my app and have Outlook notify me when mail was sent.
      Currently nothing like that is available. I'd like to ask for such event

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Range.search with ignore new lines option - Word online

Searching for text in office JS is not that flexible. You cannot search for text that has a new line within it in the document. for example what if you want to search for " Hello World! " and in the document what you have is " Hello
        World!". It won't work, I searched for a way to ignore newlines in the Word.SearchOptions but I didn't find it.

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Mail Headers References In-Reply-To Sent items

1. I don't receive the internetMessageHeaders property in the sent mails, this is super critical for me, I have to separately check sent items with the help of technology EWS. Why it is so problematic to add headers to sent items, especially since it is already used in EWS.
          2. not all related identifiers are stored in the header "References". Sometimes there are 4 or 5 or 3 IDs, although in fact this item is, for example, [8] in a thread, thus [7] must be in the header "In-Reply-To", and from [6] to [0] in the header "References". Thus, the…

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Fix timezone bug in Outlook

A few months ago I've found a bug/limitation when developing Outlook Calendar Add-in. When time zone in Appointment organizer mode is changed (dropdown), the time returned by Office.context.mailbox.item.start.getAsync() is aggregated with the hours of the timezone, when the selected timezone itself is not available to get.

Let me clarify it with an example:

1. My location time zone is CEST. I open an event and set the time to 7:00 and timezone to Singapore.Image

2. then in the add-in I use Office.context.mailbox.item.start.getAsync() to get the start time. I receive the following string:

Thu Oct 25 2018 01:00:00 GMT+0200 (Central European…

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • MS Access Developer Tools to add.

This is for developing Access Databases and should be part of the Database Tools: One thing about developing Access Database or any database in that manner is the need to interview workers and analyze current work functions as part of database planning ... I think there needs to be some sort of automated questions document forms and other sheets to help organize and plan the database.

I can see there are some database tools such as Analyze tables and database Documenter but those doesn't help much before the databases are developed.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Add a support for InsertXML for excel

As like the Selection.Range.InsertXMl I need the option in excel also. It will be helpful for adding contents using openxml

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Create team from group with extended properties

We would like to create a team from an existing group with extended properties like it is possible for 'PUT /groups/{id}/team'

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Support for creating document sets via the Graph API

Document sets are pretty handy when it comes to document management practices and governance. It would be useful to support creating document sets via the Graph API

7 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Is a web service necessary?

Please add some more discussion about how the Javascript Add-In model works in disconnected mode with no access to the internet, if it is even possible. It is unclear from the introduction whether or not this is supported or how it is achieved.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Add-in: Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • regarding attaching sharepoint file with posting message to Teams

i can't attach file in posting posting message to channel in Teams, how to handle this scenario.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Add capability for png, jpg, txt conversion to PDF through Graph API

The filetypes which are supported by the current and beta API are good
                          https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/graph/api/driveitem-get-content-format?view=graph-1-0
                          https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/graph/api/driveitem-get-content-format?view=graph-rest-beta
                          The filetypes that we are missing the most based on file numbers that we need converting for filetypes not currently supported are jpg, txt and png

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Reinstate templates

In OneNote 2016 you could set templates so pages automatically had the formatting you wanted without having to manually change them each time. You removed this feature in the Windows 10 OneNote (no version year). This is annoying for anyone, but is an accessibility issue for people with disabilities, like dyslexia (10% of the UK population have dyslexia), and other cognitive function problems. I use a blue page template to manage symptoms related to light-sensitivity, but can't do this in the new OneNote. I believe this is in breach of the UK Equality Act 2010 and the WCAG 2.1 guidelines.…

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Set your status based on groups

There are many situations where I would like to show myself as "Available" to certain contacts and groups but not to others so it would be useful if I could assign my status based on specific users or groups.

9 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Skype Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Add endpoint for O365 Theme

Please add a MS Graph Endpoint to load the current O365 Custom Theme (which has been set in O365 Central Administration > Settings > Organization Profile > Manage Custom Themes).

Currently there are only endpoints for SharePoint APIs but we need this setting in MS Graph too.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Dynamic Admin Consent

Currently the Admin consent flow is bound to the permissions that are statically pre-defined in the Azure App registration. This causes some challenges for App developers, for instance:
                                  • If we would start to highlight education data for education tenants, then we need to add an Education.Read permission (or something similar) to this registration. This will not be applicable to non-education tenants, but admins of those tenants would still need to grant our App permission to it, which doesn’t make sense.
                                  • Certain features in our App can be deactivated on a tenant-basis, such as access to OneDrive. An Admin…

82 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Extensions Permission

This affects all resources that support extensions but let’s take the User resource as an example:

Extending the User resource currently requires an entire User Profile read/write consent (User.ReadWrite).
                                    We only want to read and write additional data that we provide to the User resource and not modify the entire resource. Users might be hesitant about consenting to Apps that could potentially corrupt their entire user profile.

81 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • support subscription creation for mailbox with single quote via graph api

I have a mailbox named A'B@hisen.onmicrosoft.com.There is a single quote in this mailbox.

When I do subscription creation using the following request info:
                                      {
                                      "changeType":"created",
                                      "notificationUrl":"https://uri/A'B@hisen.onmicrosoft.com",
                                      "resource":"users/A'B@hisen.onmicrosoft.com/mailFolders('SentItems')/messages",
                                      "expirationDateTime":"2019-02-15T00:36:05.587Z",
                                      "clientState":"xxxx"
                                      }

Microsoft return the following error message:
                                      {
                                      "error":{
                                      "code":"ExtensionError",
                                      "message":"Operation: Create; Exception: [Status Code: ServiceUnavailable; Reason: Mailbox info is stale.]",
                                      "innerError":{
                                      "request-id":"4f5166cf-41f2-4062-ace6-81d28a4d1203",
                                      "date":"2019-02-14T07:10:01"
                                      }
                                      }
                                      }

I seems that this api does not support mailbox with single quote in it.

My question is, for mailbox with single quotes, how do we create subscription via graph api?

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • 1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • #Taipeioutcallmassage #Taipeiescorts #TaipeiSpecialserivces #Taipeibodytobody #outcall #taipeioutcall #taichungoutcall #taichung #taipei #ta

Line: taiwanescort WeChat:d858529💋You will fall in love with my beautiful smile and warm personality hi,my name is Su su , .I'm elegant,radiant, playful, sweet and very sensual. I enjoy sex with complete pleasure and no boundaries....Await you,when you join me in my private world of sensuality..PHOTOS ARE 100% ORIGINAL.. My voice, for sure, will arouses you with ease. I am a top shelf girl who has broken too many hearts. I feel very guilty. But this is me. Contact me Speak english CALL SU SU m

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base