Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. control action of buttons / add new buttons

Using the api of add in: https://dev.outlook.com/reference/add-ins/index.html we couldn't get the actions of click on 'Send' buttons or something else ...
    If we want to add another action to some exists button or add a new button to our add-in that simulate the click on one of the buttons that on Office.context.mailbox. item ...
    I think that it's necessary because we have access now just for the data that on the item ...

Thanks .

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow "Private" Add-Ins for Specific Audience, not just Public Listing

We would like to be able to publish Add-Ins accessible to specific user groups in multiple companies (where internal distribution is not possible via SharePoint, O365 Admin Center, or network share). Including such Add-Ins in the public Store listing is not appropriate. Perhaps invited users would access the add-in Store page via a URL link.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide an SDK for UCWA

Unified Communications Web APIs are available since more than two years now, and earlier this year they've been (finally) enabled on O365 as well.

Still, as of today, there's no official SDK provided from MS to interact with UCWA.
    There are concepts in UCWA that are quite unique or not obvious at all: such as working with the Event Channel; for which there are no good working examples, or sufficient documentation.

More often we hear during presentations speakers saying: "... but because we're not animal, there's a package/library for that!"

I still consider myself an animal, but I would like…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Detail about recurring meeting

whilst creating in outlook 365 i need to see recurring appointment detail in mail app area , like its pattern(weekly, monthly, daily) strat date, end date , durtaion etc.

office.context.mailbox.item does not seems to provide much detail like pattern

it will be great if we can get those detail, just like outlook client addin provides those details.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add contact profile picture in outlook.com

why cannot add contact profile picture in Outlook.com. Pls add this setting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Freezing the top row of an excel sheet

An excel user can freeze ehter the top row ; first row; or both.
    this isnt posible yet in the office-js api.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide multiple reply URLs in connector registration

The Connectors Developer Dashboard provides a page for registering a connector and generates the HTML snippet for a "Connect to Office 365" button.

We are warned that changing the appid or callbackurl parameters will result in an Invalid Request at runtime.

However, most applications will have separate URLs for DEV/TEST/PROD. As the system is at the moment, a new connector (with a new AppId) must be created for each environment.

Please update the registration or allow multiple URLs per AppId.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Outlook 2016 for Mac attachments to automatically be opened in edit mode

Would like the capability to edit attachments when they are opened in Outlook without having to manually create a separate copy. On Outlook 2016 for Mac, the only workaround appears to be to open the attachment in preview mode then selecting Open with Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. fix uncaught errors inside promise when an Office.EventType.BindingDataChanged event re-triggers itself (Office.js)

When a user changes a bound cell, it triggers an Office.EventType.BindingDataChanged event and a callback associated with it. In the Excel Online browser-based client and not the desktop Excel client, if the callback function makes further changes to the bound cell e.g. changing its color based on input value (*), this produces uncaught errors after ctx.sync is called.

These errors surface outside my functions after they return control to the browser (chrome in this case), so I am ignoring them at the moment and hope they have no ill effects but thought you'd like to know.

I originally mitigated this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide values entered by the user into a bound cell directly to the Office.EventType.BindingDataChanged callback function

Excel Online and Office.js provide an excellent way of integrating Microsoft's tools with other cloud-based services, but latency is currently a barrier and this is a way of solving it.

I have developed an office.js task pane app that binds to many cells, each linked to variables in mathematical models running on an external server. When the user enters a value, that value is sent to a remote server, results are computed, and they are sent back to be written to various other cells in the spreadsheet.

However, a value entered by the user is not directly passed to the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New standard number format for Excel: Versioning

It would be nice to have a standard format for version numbers that can be sorted/conditionally-formatted like regular numbers. By version numbers I mean "2.1.0; 2.1.2; 2.2.0; 3.0.0" etc.

I work in software development and use excel to track releases, this would be very helpful to have standard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Suite Link APIs

While it is possible to add custom links to the suite bar by using the admin site, it would be useful to either provide a way to programmatically add/remove links for a user, or provide an admin tool to provide default pinned apps on the suite bar.

For example, in an education tenant, we may want to provide a link to pin MS Classroom and a link to a SharePoint site for every student by default.

Users should continue to be able to modify their apps, but we should have the ability to set default values.

If there were client-side…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Render Office.js task pane even if Excel is in the background

I have observed that is Excel is hidden or if another window covers the Excel task pane, the Office.js add-in does not load. I have observed this behavior with Excel 2016 C2R on Windows.

Please enhance Excel and/or the embedded browser to render the add-in regardless of the currently visibility. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Come back with the list of UI Fabric styles

Now when the UI fabric site was changes there is no longer a way to find out the available component styles. Only the general syles are now listed but e.g. no description about what styles (class name) are available for e.g. a button.

The React, Angular and other framework based options do not always work so it is important for developers to have the ability to adjust and make own altenatives.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable BackColor and Forecolor properties in Datasheet view

Enable BackColor and Forecolor properties in Datasheet view for access web apps such that conditional formatting can be accomplished.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. created a new add-in for data management in Excel. Would love feedback/suggestions!

I created a new add-in for data management in Excel. Would love feedback/suggestions! Here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/uSAexY1HsHs.
    Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ampersand appearing in the Manifest/Resources XML

Can you provide a way to include an ampersand into a resources string, for example:

<bt:String id="" DefaultValue="Values & Number Formatting"/>

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Common Distribution Curve Images to Shapes in Powerpoint (Bellshaped curve, skewed distribution, 1 sided normal distribution, etc)

Add Common Distribution Curve Images to Shapes in Powerpoint -(Bellshaped curve, skewed distribution, 1 sided normal distribution, etc)

I often must communicate problems in terms of theoretical population distributions. This is for concepts only of course since actual distributions can be graphed in Excel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base