Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add EM+S to Office 365 Development Subscription

On my Office 365 Dev Subscription, I am trying to do a PoC for Azure AD joining Windows 10 machines. But that requires an intune subscription. I think you will get more development work out of EM+S products, if you include it with the dev subscription.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Benefits for Office 365 Developer Program

There is no way to access office 365 developer program benefits. The link sent in the activation email points to the page that does not exist. There is no page with links to particular benefits as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support Compose add-ins on Outlook for Mac

I'm re-opening this idea (https://officespdev.uservoice.com/forums/224641-feature-requests-and-feedback/suggestions/12947451-support-mac-compose-in-add-ins) that was posted in March and replied to in October of this year. Compose add-ins are NOT supported on the 2016 Outlook Mac client as far as I can tell (I'm running v15.29 (161115) with Office Insider Fast); Compose add-ins ARE available in Word, Excel, etc. but not Outlook. Please let us know when and if that will be remedied. Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Content control support in Word Online

I've posted about this here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeonline-word_online/content-control-support-in-word-online/0f33ba70-9fe0-4990-9f09-db5ce7f3a8c7?tm=1460747722010

The JavaScript API provides a lot of functionalities around Content Controls, so I don't really understand why these are not supported in Word Online.

Will we have this support eventually? Do we have any estimated date for that?

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Autorun outlook add-ins

We would like to create an add-in for Outlook that executes automatically for all new messages without requiring the user to manually activate it.

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’ve just announced pinnable task pane feature at Ignite. Users will be able to pin task panes to remain open as they navigate through messages. Please check it out and give us feedback.

If you’ve other ideas, please open new suggestions on UserVoice.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

6. auto run plug-in (user/app defined)

Allow user to install plug-in with the option to auto-run the app (or plug-in as the option to turn on auto-run) so the user doesn't have to active the plug-in each time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Offer Office 365 as part of MSDN subscriptions

I suggest you offer Office 365 as part of MSDN subscriptions.

I was extremely disappointed to see that when I login to my MSDN subscription and search for "Office", I don't see Office 365 listed as an available download.

I pay for my MSDN subscription out of my own pocket, so the absence of Office 365 from MSDN subscriber downloads is a large impediment.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide at least two licenses in O365 Developer Pack

You can't test user permissions and other things with a single admin user. Running as admin isn't really best practice when developing. Agreed?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please fix https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/support

Some key links on this page are broken, which makes it hard for developers to get help.
    (1) dxipfb@microsoft.com bounce email back, because it only accept emails from within Microsoft.
    (2) "Give feedback about this page" link at the bottom of the page links to no where. So it can't be used to provide you feedback at all.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an event that can be subscribed to when a user makes a change to a cell.

This might look not so important in many use cases. However, when the add-in takes in data from the worksheets and saves them through API calls, it becomes quite useful for a good user experience. Currently, users would need to click on a button in the add-in that would save all of the rows in one go. However, It would be nice if they don't require to do that and the changes can be saved real-time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Email address not working on: https://github.com/OfficeDev?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=add-in&type=&language=

I have tried to send an email to the address: officedev@microsoft.com and it got returned. It might be possible that only certain people can do this, if so, maybe you should hide it from the site? Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Vertical pane add-in in Outlook online in read mode

Give developers possibility to create add-in for outlook online, that is displayed in vertical pane in read mode. I saw such add-ins for Evernote and Wunderlist but there is no information in documentation how to create such add-ins. See screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/y6V5KTt1

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to close the outlook add-in Pane

When developing an outlook add-in, it would be nice if it were possible to close the add-in pane with javascript after a certain action has been completed or after the user has done something.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get online editor url in Word Online add in

I would be nice to have a way to get online editor url for a document in order to be able to share to others this url through the word add in

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support Mac Compose in Add-Ins

Currently (03/2016) Mac Outlook 2016 does not support Compose Add-Ins.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/dn818897.aspx
    Please support Mac - and give us some idea of when this support will be available.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. i suggest you give a raise to the author of "Write a ASP.NET MVC Web app to get Outlook mail."

This article is, hands down, the best one I've read in over twenty five years. It helped me solve two huge problems at once.

There is one minor editorial request: make the web.config element names match the names in the prose.

Bravo Zulu, msft.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Javascript API For Excel Enhancements (copy worksheet/copy Range,merge cells,call a VBA function)

I think the Office Add-In technology is a great start, but is just too limiting to replace an older VBA application. Maybe a start would be to allow the JS API to call a VBA function so we could retain some macros especially for copying worksheets and formatting which is cumbersome in the new technology. Secondly it would help alot if we could define a worksheet and hide it and then copy and populate that spreadsheet, but their is no worksheet.copy method. Likewise if we can't do that it would at least be nice to copy a Range retaining all…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,
    We’re happy to say that part of your request is now possible with new Excel JavaScript APIs. Please see http://dev.office.com/reference/add-ins/excel/range merge() method for more information.

To find even more about all these new APIs, please check out our API documentation on http://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/excel/excel-add-ins-javascript-programming-overview or https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js-docs/tree/master/excel.

Thank you,
    Office Extensibility Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base