I suggest you ...

Provide Office365 Exchange Task API Support

Although some Exchange functionality is supported in Office365, the Tasks are not one of them yet. Please consider adding Tasks support to the API.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Martin van EsMartin van Es shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current tasks API (beta) only allows for the Planner tasks, while we want to be able to access O365 tasks. Is this also on the roadmap?

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that Task support is in the beta API at present.

Unfortuantely, it appears that there is no support for querying tasks for users other than one's self. I've tested that this appears to be the case:

My application is granted 9/9 "Application Permissions" and 26/26 "Delegated Permissions" for the "Office 365 Exchange Online" service. Additionally, the account I'm using is also a Global Administrator for our tenant.

Test header:

https://outlook.office.com/api/beta/users/username@tenant.com/Tasks

The above request fails with the error: "The token contains not enough scope to make this delegate access call."

Could you confirm that the API will support querying the tasks of other users when it comes out of beta?

Thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base